V14.1 Released!

This has been uploaded to both the standalones and the Desura branches. It's basically just a hotfix - now the weapon impact animations (explosions, bullet plumes etc) should be playing properly.

It should be authorised later, although there's a possible synch issue on the Premium Pre-order branch that I've emailed Desura about to get fixed up if it does exist.

There's a known issue with the strength gain formula being too strong in this build, and also I've played with the alien plasma pistols and light drones a bit so they have more bullet-like projectiles to represent their lower power.

EDIT - this synch bug is more serious than we thought. Bear with us, this might take longer than we thought. The standard pre-order branch has access to V14.1, but this is not fully complete, and the premium branch is still on V14. Until the two sets of files are synched with each other we can't finish the update.

What about the bugs in the previous release, like medipacs causing damage, an alien dying during its turn and stopping the game, or no civilians being on the ground combat missions? Are these fixed too?

Most likely no. Probably haven't been fixed if they aren't mentioned. Critical bugs gets priority, then features, then the misc bugs.

While annoying I don't think any of those bugs count as critical or game stopping. (even if the alien dying on its turn freezes the game it doesn't make it impossible to progress further)

And sometimes even if the team wants to fix them the bugs could be troublesome enough that they take longer to fix then just a hotfix.

Edited by Gorlom

Some bugs are fixed but not many, this release is really just intended for us to get the standalone and Desura branch releases to the same version (it's not good for bug reporting if they're different). Hopefully most of the bugs will be cleared up by V15 next month.

I think V14 is out on Mac as a standalone?

Most excellent, I was just waiting for 14 standalone and I get 14.1 :cool:

Guys I have to tell, I've been a couple of months away from the game and forums and since I played V14 I AM FU**ING AMAZED !!! good jobs guys this game is going to be an outstanding masterpiece :D

Velly interesting. I have been standing off also. Been waiting for a version to come along that I can play for more than 5 minutes without a CTD or freeze.

Let me how far you get in 14.1. I might download if it's reasonable.

Cant do much else than agreeing with Loki. Last time i did play more was around version 8 or 9. This is a complete different experience! Love the suppression and hyper velocity. As for you Moonie, i havent had a single crash and i played for 2 hours yesterday. Now i am not gonna touch it until release. No story spoilers, i wanna be shocked by the shit i am gonna see, cant wait for the larger UFOS.

@Chris I think it was V8.9 or V9.1 if I remember correctly. And as far as I can remember that happened between May and early June. So in a couple of months you made an incredible effort and added a lot of content.

EDIT:

@Moonie, so far I had not a single crash or strange behavior (well other than knonw bugs) it's nice to download and play it for a while each couple of months, I love how Sebillian motherfu**ers run away from me to make chase them and then... SURPRISE... a couple of Caesan reaction fire my ass.

Edited by FranTorres

I was excited to give Xenonauts another go. But, there is no mac download link in Desura, just a purchase...

Am I missing something??

Seems Desura messed up and is for some reason only offering the mac version to premium preorder customers. Give it some time and Goldhawk and Desura should be able to clear this up and make the mac version available to standard preorder as well.

Source for this assumption: Ko2fans post here

Edited by Gorlom