[v24.7] Small image "bleed" on ultrawide (3440x1440) post-combat loading screen

Puciek

Heya,

Just a small issue, check the at post-combat loading screen you can see that there is a bit of "bleed" from the world map on the sides .
image.thumb.png.2201b599032078899c188974f69e82fc.png

Btw I love how all the art is ultrawide friendly, not just going the easy way of black borders <3. It looks amazing!

Edited by Puciek

On 12/2/2022 at 12:39 PM, Puciek said:

Heya,

Just a small issue, check the at post-combat loading screen you can see that there is a bit of "bleed" from the world map on the sides .
image.thumb.png.2201b599032078899c188974f69e82fc.png

Btw I love how all the art is ultrawide friendly, not just going the easy way of black borders <3. It looks amazing!

Hmm, that's interesting. What's your screen resolution? Our ultrawide support is set up to work at 2560x1080 or a multiple thereof. Is your screen slightly wider than that?

Either way I'll add a black background to the screen to prevent any bleed happening if the image isn't quite wide enough, but it'd be interesting to know why this is happening.

5 hours ago, Puciek said:

I am on 3440x1440 resolution.

If there is anything I can do to help debug, let me know!

Yeah, that's the issue then. The expected screen size at 1440p would be 3413px wide, so there's an extra 27px of empty space that allows the bleed. The black background should fix it though.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Yeah, that's the issue then. The expected screen size at 1440p would be 3413px wide, so there's an extra 27px of empty space that allows the bleed. The black background should fix it though.

Ah mystery solved! Yeah, it's not exactly 21:9, though that's also the most common ultrawide resolution, as this is where it really shines (smaller ones at that aspect ratio just don't bring joy as much).

Will check all the screens with the next patch.