V14 - No civilians?

But do they run for cover in the after action debriefing screen as well GJ? :P

(I'm assuming that StellarRat and the others has looked at the debriefing and taken not if they have gotten any points for surviving civvies or any penalties for killed civvies)

I think either they are now exceptionally good at hiding having wanted the Monty Python how to hide series ;) OR they aren't on the map at all. By the way, GIJS-JAN, I have a question, when you start ground combat are the aliens and civilians randomly placed anywhere on the map or do they start from a certain location and actually move to their starting positions? I was thinking about that last night. Just curious.

When you start ground combat are the aliens and civilians randomly placed anywhere on the map or do they start from a certain location and actually move to their starting positions? I was thinking about that last night. Just curious.

As far as I know map sections have designated spawn points; which are randomly filled. The A.I. then takes over unit pathfinding.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the rest that no civilians have been seen in a FULL GAME.

BUT today i launched the QUICK BATTLE on Insane difficulty and i saw Civies on the map.

An other thing to note is that the map used in quick battle is never seen in the full game.

So i do not know if it's map related or AI related. I only saw one civilian who was hiding in the corner of the map close to my Chinook and a dead army/soldier. I couldn't see more or find more civilians because i was never able to go far and explore the map.

After loosing the mission, the report said that there were 3 or 4 dead civilians.

hope this helps!