General V8+ Suggestions for improvement.

Sathra

Technically these are bugs, but an old ones.

-The 'tabs inactive upon loading save' bug is still present.

-The 'carried weight too high after mission' bug is still present also. Also has the odd effect of a soldier's primary weapon only showing in the secondary slot if it isn't corrected before the next mission. Especially odd if its an assault rifle.

Adding a question: Are soldier stats increasing? Can't be sure, since the post-mission thing isn't showing stat increases anymore.

First, I'm glad there IS a way to now change the screen resolution.

However, I feel that it would also be a good idea to have a way to allow the resolution options to 'stick', so I did not have to click through the selection dialog at each launch.

Not a major problem really, just a minor annoyance.

Edited by Sathra
Merged

Tactical Combat loading time

Am I the only one getting sluggish loading times for tactical combat? Something like 1.5 minutes.

I'm guessing it can be optimized somehow. If it's not brought down to a more reasonable level, please consider pre-loading the assets in the background as soon as the player intercepts the UFO / sends a transport.

Soldier turning speed

Soldiers take quite a bit to turn. Please make it faster / more fluid.

Maybe add another music score to the UFO intercept sequence? The music playing while intercepting a UFO is not that good and cuts off abruptly the geoscape background music.

Have to disagree with this one. Arguing about music taste is a bit silly, but I absolutely love that track. Sometimes I even keep the combat on pause to listen to it more. :D

Edited by Lokik
derp

Tactical Combat loading time

Am I the only one getting sluggish loading times for tactical combat? Something like 1.5 minutes.

Soldiers take quite a bit to turn. Please make it faster / more fluid.

I strongly agree with the above, whilst I got about 30 seconds load time, I'm running it off a SSD.

And also had the issues of unresponsive soldiers, for a game like Xenonauts, it's really really annoying.

But I'm impressed how much has been done with the game since I last looked at it, making decent progress. Though my look at the game ended with another crash when I clicked the vehicle tab so I didn't get to see much.

Maybe add another music score to the UFO intercept sequence? The music playing while intercepting a UFO is not that good and cuts off abruptly the geoscape background music.

There will be 2 other tunes to this part of the game. But they will be added last.

Yeah, the spin on the spot is quite slow. I'd not noticed that before. I'll get that fixed. Given the Ferret its move sound back too.

Loading times are long but that's something we'll look at in the beta stage of the game.

@Sathra - Yes, soldiers are still levelling up - I played some of a mission and I can confirm that I got a skillup on completion. However it's possible we've set the limits for skillups a bit too high and they're not coming frequently enough...

Yeah, the colouring of the numbers was discussed in one of the threads.

Green for full AP, Orange for half, Red for none, with a gold ring around it if any AP are reserved? With the button being hollow (clear) if the trooper/vehicle is dead.

Then again, the buttons are being re-done anyways to be more informative.

@Chris: Ah, I thought so. One of my snipers eventually managed to be able to wear Jackal with no penalties. Still odd that the Victory screen no-longer has stat increases listed though.

Like the JA2 style aiming interface, dislike that there is no indicator when one cant aim any better. Very annoying to go through the list twice just because i want to aim better.

Would also be nice to be able to equip and throw grenades wo moving the main weapon to backpack

The game is starting to grow on me. (playing 8.35)

A minor annoyance I found is that it is hard to know whether you're going to select a unit or to move currently selected unit when the cursor is behind a wall. Maybe it's on the todo list. If not, I suggest you make a hollowed version of the grey arrow there is above the currently selected unit and put it over a unit's head when clicking would select it.

I also got a CTD when logging out of the end mission briefing screen. On my first mission.