[v14 - Ground Combat] Problems with tiles

As the level designer is now off holiday, and is responsible for the tiles and their properties, I thought we should start up a thread to describe tiles that don't quite work as they should. So, to kick off!

Industrial Map - Concrete chest-high walls

The concrete blocks left by the Chesty McHighWall clan don't seem to work as they should. The walls facing South-to-East can be walked through. The walls facing North-to-East semi block out Xenonauts when the Xenonaut is in front of it, and when a Xenonaut vaults over one, the wall blocks out the Xenonaut completely, making the vaulting animation look weird.

Is that the new map with the central building containing nothing but pipes? If so, I was unable to use the stairs to access the second floor. Also, the first stair tile on the first floor of the office building directly in front of the Chinook blocks the soldier standing there.

Edited by Korval

TheUbiquitous, I think the problem you've identified is worthy of it's own thread, as it's a question of squaddie POV.

I my case, found two more problems with tiles. Both on the industrial map. The first is squaddies can walk through tiles with the red van (any part), the second is some of the wall tiles are pourous: link to pic here.

I had an alien hide on the far side of a spacecraft, tucked "underneath" the spacecraft. I couldn't see him from the player POV even though about 12 men should have been able to --- thankfully he was unarmed.

Is there any plan to fix this sort of graphical thing? (Is this a new thread?)

Raise it as a new thread U, I have seen the same thing with an Alien invisible in a space ship. I couldn't see him but my troops could (there is actually an Alien two tiles below my dead guy:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1414[/ATTACH]

Whoa Nelly! I Don't even know what is thread is all about anymore... AI, sub map issues, pathing. Please in the future try to report bugs are related to the thread, thank you.

About the clipping issues, they will be fixed during the development, we are aware of them.

• 3 weeks later...

almost all of the above have happened to me . my main note is (on new map) being able to hide/walk through objects that you shouldnt be able to till you destroy them.

also the auto path (when clicking to move through one spot to another) acts as if certain objects are non existant

my example is the transformers outside powerplant,stacks of pallets,a pallet of barrels....ect

note: cudos on the new ai as they have detected these flaws and are useing them judiciously (*like hiding in stacks of pallets)

******i think the ai issues hiding in stuff and my other items is due to map spaces appearing as empty rather than occupied by an object

becouce the transformers on original map were solid and on the new map was just like a hologram(as icould shoot/walk through them)

Edited by donald007duck