I've noticed that if I suppress an alien, they actually do something in their turn - even if it's only to run away, but they actually do something!

Now you mention it, I noticed too; they never shoot, but still move around, very different behaviour to previously.

I might mention that I am running the game at 1600-1200 res and the text appears too big in parts and overlaps each other. Perhaps the scaling with resolution is a little out (I use to play at 1080p but don't have a screen that does that atm).

I will post link to the first 4+ images showing font/text errors, be sure to look at them closely as there are some with two errors each shot. I hope this helps and can be fixed quickly in a hotfix. These are not game breaking errors. They should be easier to fix then the others.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/41627694/Xeno/endmissiontexterror16001200.jpg

There is no start button, however a simply click passes this.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/41627694/Xeno/loadmissbuttonerror16001200.jpg

Additional to the money funds issue, may I suggest to use not all UPPER CASE, if UC must be used perhaps go for Semi-Upper where only first letter of sentence is larger UC and rest is smaller UC? Reason why is font as all UC is annoying to read as all the words appear pronounced all at once so it makes it harder to track your way while reading it.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/41627694/Xeno/personneltrainingtexterror16001200.jpg

The font here in the transfer one is A) too small, B) does not show up in the white box once selected (maybe font is set to WHITE as well? to me it seems box should be black and font white!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/41627694/Xeno/transfertexterror16001200.jpg

Here you can see the text is cut off and the button overlaps.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/41627694/Xeno/textcutoff1.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/41627694/Xeno/textcutoff2.jpg

OTHER Minor bugs.

* I can't help but notice the soldiers have no footstep sounds in proximity around the landing craft. Also I notice that all terrain appears to produce more or less the same footstep sound and that they are somewhat loud.

* The window/door/barricade ( and some corners of structures ) tiles still render on top of soldiers ;)

Here is 1 example.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/41627694/Xeno/rendererror16001200.jpg

* Also have a situation now where a alien died in a fire and thus unable to complete its move. Seems game does not want to pass and doesn't identify that the alien is dead, perhaps alien was last one? Will see if times out. (No go, forced quit game)

Edited by PRiME

Gijs-Jan, great work on the AI! I could notice right away that the aliens are smarter!

One of them left his cover only to shoot me, then ran behind cover again lol

Yep, same from me Gijs-Jan. The AI is already noticeably more reactive to their surroundings and any nearby threats, fantastic work in such a short space of time.

How do aliens choose their targets at the moment, as the only issue I had was that they almost seemed reluctant to engage my troops in some cases, taking shots at civilians who were much further away instead. I guess they may have been prioritised if my troops were in cover?

Has anybody had any issues where it seems as if certain windows can't be fired through properly? On the new industrial light scout map, an alien in the large, central building couldn't be targeted by any of my troops, regardless of which window they were stood outside of.

Other times however (on the quick battle terror map) shooting through windows seemed to work correctly. So, is it just a case of some window tiles not being set correctly?

How do aliens choose their targets at the moment, as the only issue I had was that they almost seemed reluctant to engage my troops in some cases, taking shots at civilians who were much further away instead. I guess they may have been prioritised if my troops were in cover?

I only worked on pathfinding so far, and haven't yet looked at the targeting. It probably goes through the list of all targets, and (from a code perspective) selects the one it can fire at first.

But also high FPS! ;)

This build could contain some enhancements with regards to FPS. I don't know for sure if they're integrated yet, and if not; next build could see an even higher FPS.

This build could contain some enhancements with regards to FPS. I don't know for sure if they're integrated yet, and if not; next build could see an even higher FPS.

Ssssh! Don't spoil it! optimizations are to be done from beta on.. Btw, that enhancement hasn't been inserted yet!

I have reached corvette missions already!

I'm loving the soldier's medal system!! My brave female corporal "bootylicious" has survived a ground mission in wich she was bleeding and actually collapsed from this wound! I thought I had lost her, but in the end she survived and received a nice medal for it!

Unfortunaley, sargeant Michael Jackson didn't have the same luck and got shot twice by a plasma rifle, RIP! He had received a medal for bravery on the previous mission, so I felt bad that he died.

The blue caesans are NASTY!!! They are more powerful than the red? They need more shots do go down!

Im enjoying the game much more now!

Pity that I had my first crash, it was after the soldiers screen (the one after battle), when I clicked to exit then I CTD.

EDIT: forgot to mention that the responsible for bootylicious wound was MY OWN SNIPER!!! HE SHOT HER IN THE BACK! LOL

Edited by Corporal Hicks

My first casualty was on my first mission and due to my sniper's first shot. It went wide (very wide) and put his squad mate out for a week. :(

I'm having a lot of fun, but I suspect it'll start sucking to be a Xenonaut pretty soon since I'm starting to find plasma rifles on the battlefield...

I plan to go all out this weekend but I am loving the new map and hope to soon get to play with all the new features. I have yet to get any medals but I have gotten a few crashes during missions and that may be a part of it.

My first casualty was on my first mission and due to my sniper's first shot. It went wide (very wide) and put his squad mate out for a week. :(

I'm having a lot of fun, but I suspect it'll start sucking to be a Xenonaut pretty soon since I'm starting to find plasma rifles on the battlefield...

I have had my sniper squads kill or wound several of my soldiers. Just have to sit there and yell at the screen. What am I paying you people for? I mean the aliens shoot at my people for free and you are charging me for the same service!

I have had my sniper squads kill or wound several of my soldiers. Just have to sit there and yell at the screen. What am I paying you people for? I mean the aliens shoot at my people for free and you are charging me for the same service!

The Xenonauts has a better Union.