I respectfully request that the following names be included in the list of soldiers.

Julian Gollop

David Braben

Ian Bell

Simo Häyhä

Carlos Hathcock

Chesty Puller

Miyamoto Musashi

Cyrano de Bergerac

Jean Valjean

Michael Moorcock

Ulrich von Bek

...and some others that I can't think of right now because I have some really unpleasant paperwork to do and I've been drinking but you get the point and I'm sure someone else will step up and fill in. Plus your favourite artists' real names and all the beta testers' real names and a few heroes from mythology and various real wars and stuff like that. Maybe slightly randomize the names (grouped by ethnicity to avoid "Carlos Musashi") to make things less obvious.

Having your name in the game is a kickstarter bought privilege (that might open up again at some point before release according to Chris).

I do not think there is any chance that they will be added as whole names. But they can be added as first and last names (check the modding section) but needs to be tied with a country etc.

I'm not sure about the legalities if you can just add real people without their consent. Most of those can probably be passed off as random names. But Julian Gollop is a bit too obvious if there is an issue with that..

PS. Chesty Puller might not be acceptable to Chris. I know he doesn't accept names like "Ben Dover" without ID confirmation.

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/puller.html

puller.jpg

Lewis Puller, nicknamed “Chesty” because of his perfect posture and the fact that his torso somewhat resembled a full-size beer keg full of lead bricks, raw muscle and horse steroids, was a hard-as-[deleted] mother[deleted] who is almost universally-recognized as the most badass dude to ever wear the uniform of the United States Marine Corps. Not bad, considering that being revered as the pinnacle of toughness by the USMC is kind of like being King of the Vikings or the toughest Klingon to ever set foot on the planet Kronos [what?]. In his thirty-seven years of service to the Corps, Puller would rise through the ranks from Private to General, kick more asses than Juan Valdez [who?] on an insane bender, and become the most decorated Marine in American history.

puller.jpg

puller.jpg.2da2a1682c974b17b236a6db4976f

Hi,

First of all, i would like to apologize for my English. I came from Poland, and I'm 30 years old. From an early age I played everything I could get my hands on. Laser Squad was my first game, courtesy of my friend, I played it at the TIMEX 2048. The first PC, I managed to buy exactly with the release of UFO: Enemy Unknown (I was terrified to even insert the floppy disk in drive ;D !! ). Consequently it was my first original game. Love lasts since then. Now I am lucky that i'm working in game dev (mobile, unfortunately).

But - maybe because of age - I never thought that any game catches my interest any more, as in the days of childhood.

You guys are awesome !!! !! !

I am fan of You since the first day I learned about Xenonauts. Today I wanted to purchase a premium version. Immodestly ask, is there any chance that with an additional charge, one of the soldiers can wear my name? Please, don't take me wrong, it's not pride.

It's a question from an old fan, whose life went in correct direction (among others) thanks to the X-Com, and who totally appreciate Your work. Even if this is not possible, I will still love Youguys ;). But i have to ask... It's not about money, it's not pride, but it's about the childhood dream :)

Thank You Guys for Your work!

Ivan Dolvich.

I registered only to say this:

+2

+3

Хорошо! Я буду работать для тeбя, проклятые капиталист!

(Good! I will work for you, damned capitalist!)

and +10 to Cynthia "Fox" Guzzman

Edited by snowburn

Ahah, can't have Simo Häyhä in the game, some of us want to play out the combat portion rather than arrive at the landing site to find yet another combat zone strewn with dead aliens all with neat little holes drilled in their skulls from high-velocity lead and a little sign saying 'Stay the hell out of Suomi, you damn flying Russians!'