v24.6 - occasional hangs when loading late-game tactical saves

Solver

Sorry, the kind of bug nobody likes. When I'm loading a late-game (day 200+) tactical combat save, the behavior is non-deterministic. The loading often gets stuck at 16% (loading screen continues to animate), rarely at 1% (screen doesn't animate) and on some other attempts it loads properly.

Attached is an example save where I've had the issue, but I've had the problem with other missions as well.

user_latesave-15.json

16 hours ago, Solver said:

Sorry, the kind of bug nobody likes. When I'm loading a late-game (day 200+) tactical combat save, the behavior is non-deterministic. The loading often gets stuck at 16% (loading screen continues to animate), rarely at 1% (screen doesn't animate) and on some other attempts it loads properly.

Attached is an example save where I've had the issue, but I've had the problem with other missions as well.

user_latesave-15.json 2.93 MB · 0 downloads

Yeah, this is an annoying bug. I can't reproduce it from this save despite probably 8 attempts to do so, but I do get it from time to time myself.

It's one of those ones where could identify what was going wrong if we could reproduce it in a build with all the special logging attached, but every time we try to do that we can't reproduce it.