Updating my build with Desura

So I'm confused. When I launch my current build, it says "Alpha Build V13, 31 July 2012". There are hotfixes available since that date. Desura is supposed to auto-update, but does not appear to be doing so. How can I make this happen?

I've tried doing a verify files, and restarting my Desura client.

The only reason I'm worrying about this is because the build I have is currently unplayable due to the combat crash. This is where the game goes into combat mode (when your dropship lands at a crashed UFO), and you can't move any squad members.

Thanks!

Right click on Xenonauts in desura and look for the changelog in the menu.

That should tell you what build you are currently using.

I think it is the latest one because the ctd in ground combat is present in the current latest build.

I think you are looking at the splash screen information which hasn't been updated for the small patches, only the big version changes.

Question - I purchased today and I logged in to pay via my Steam account. I downloaded and am playing without desesura installed, same splash screen as the poster above. Will this game be on my Steam menu? I haven't been sent a cd key, but I'm launching the game and it's not even asking me for a cd key?

Question - I purchased today and I logged in to pay via my Steam account. I downloaded and am playing without desesura installed, same splash screen as the poster above. Will this game be on my Steam menu? I haven't been sent a cd key, but I'm launching the game and it's not even asking me for a cd key?

Citizen how did you download it? I'm guessing you made a desura account, logged in and downloaded the zip file from their homepage without using their client.

Then I assume that you added the game to your steam clients game list? Steam allows you to add games installed on your computer unrelated to steam to your game library list and as Xenonauts haw no inherent DRM to it you can launch it without any problem... This does not mean that steam will update or maintain your xenonauts copy in any way.

Steam keys will not be available until the game is officially released. Once the game is released you ill get an email from Chris containing the key you want (desura or steam). If you then input that steam key into steam steam will provide updates etc for Xenonauts.

Is there any difference between the demos on Steam and on Desura?

Yes. There is no demo (or alpha) on steam.

At least none that I know of or can find... If you are referring to what Citizen844 wrote I confirmed with him that he did not get it through steam. He got it through desura.