V24.2 Experimental Released (Closed Beta)

This hotfix addresses several more issues discovered within V24. You'll need to be on the Experimental Branch to access the build.

I've released this hotfix early because it's the weekend and it will fix a lot of the bugs in the current build, but there's still a few known issues we're working on that we'll get patched next week. I've listed them at the bottom of the thread so you know what to expect.

Also be aware I've had no time to test this build beyond checking it loads up as I'm away this weekend, so there's a slim chance it might have a critical stability issue or something. If so then please let me know in this post and I can roll back to 24.1 if need be!

Fixes / Improvements:

• Fixed a crash related to the achievements that could occur if you were playing on GOG.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur on Sebillian terror missions.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur if you tried to place C4.
  • Removed the "armour configuration" upgrade projects, because they were potentially causing crashes and are only a stopgap system anyway.
  • Fixed the selection circle for the currently selected soldier sometimes disappearing during the mission.
  • Added autopsy art for the Servitor (Gun Drone) and the Reaper Alpha.
  • Updated research text for the Alien Alloys and Scout UFO research text.
  • Updated the stat colours on the Soldier / Soldier Recruit screen so it's easier to distinguish between high-stat and low-stat soldiers.
  • MARS Rocket Launcher now does 40 Damage and has 5 Armour Destruction, but has 120 Accuracy.
  • Abduction tubes are no longer crushable, so the MARS cannot run them over.
  • There's not enough space for base names in the UI, so this has been removed and now the base name is shown as a tooltip on mouse hover.
  • Fixed the armory list on the soldier equip screen being offset the first time you opened that screen.
  • Fixed a number of pop-up dialogs so only the bottom button in the stack has diagonal corners.

Known bugs that have NOT been fixed yet:

• You can throw grenades into UFOs from the exterior.
  • Roof toggle doesn't work properly.
  • Missed shots fly upwards too often, which is a problem when using explosive weapons.
  • Explosions damage walls adjacent to tiles in the blast radius, not just the walls you'd expect.

Let us know if you continue to experience further bugs in the game.

On 10/15/2022 at 8:43 AM, Akrakorn1 said:

Was C4 moved to a research project to unlock? I don't see it in the armory anymore.

Oh, that's my bad. I disabled it and forgot to re-enable it after the fix. It'll be back in the hotfix next week then.

• Chris changed the title to V24.2 Experimental Released (Closed Beta)