A way to save fallen comrades through SCIENCE !

I know this is crazy and will most likely will not be implemented, but imagine this. After countless missions your squad has managed to keep a few of the original members and you have a few favorites, but disaster strikes! Your favorite team member takes a grenade to the face and dies and takes with him all of his skills and experiences. But there could be a solution. Thanks to the advances in science and stolen alien technology cryogenics has been perfected and the body can be frozen in a cryo-lab. Once there with the addition robotic parts you get your favorite soldier back as CYBORG ZOMBIE. This new creature would be more durable and accurate than normal soldiers but would be easily mind controlled by aliens also, once the cyborg dies it dies for good thanks to deterioration of brain tissue.

requirements to create CYBORG ZOMBIES:

1:research in cryonics

2:research in robotics

3: A rare alien material used to create a cryogenic tank

4:robotics

5: A human corpse

6: A large sum of money

Advantages:

Increased Durability

Increased Accuracy

More AP

Cannot bleed to death

Disadvantages

Cannot level Up

Little resistance to mind control

Weakness twards certain high powered weapons

I'd swear you just read my post in the permanent death thread Sylar! ;D

aka Syndicate???

You always have a Save option to 'rewind' if necessary.... Didn't save before losing your level 20 elite sniper major???? Then time to recruit/train up a new one!! and be more cautious with him/her/it (? will we get android cross-breeds or something?? ;D) next time.

It's not enough to have Cyborgs or Zombies these days. They have to be Cyborg Zombies.

XNaut Researcher West: Look! I've conquered death! Look! Immortality awaits us all!

Pvt Sylar51: Yeah, but could you put an IR eye in him too, and a big claw?

An equivalent of the floater would have been a good bet to start off any Cybernetics research. Possibly whatever the aliens use to cushion their long journey through hyperspace could be the start of the Cryonics?

Looking forward to the Human Vivisection research topic to go with all the alien ones :)

I'd have thought your cyborg zombie would have less accuracy and AP. I'm emphasising that the cybernetics are to keep the revived corpse functional, rather than turning it into the 6 million dollar corpsicle. Basically there has to be a balance to make it rubbish at around the same number of things it's getting better at, and at the same levels of importance.

Any EM weapons would disrupt the cybernetics.

Oh, and there should be a x% chance per month of the zombies devouring the brains of Y number of fellow Xenonauts.

I'd be interested to hear how the game would store the stats of your favourite soldier, or would it simply appear as a corpsicle for you to add in the details such as callsign etc.?