[v13.2 - Basescape] Faded out Hunter + no options

As a picture is worth one thousand words:

attachment.php?attachmentid=1358&d=1344795971[ATTACH]1358[/ATTACH]

Note however, it IS assigned if you go into the Chinook reorganising screen or on the solider loadout screen (where it takes space in the bottom left).

I also previously changed it from Missile to MG turret, however as shown, that entire panel has gone.

The other Hunter works perfectly, I just can't assign it as the slot is full.

Edited by Buzzles

I think you may have hit the nail on the head there . . .

I have sold the original chinook, and bought another one. The original Hunter 001 is still there and I can't do a thing with it.

Buying another hunter and placing it on the "new" chinook allows me to play the game without the crash ?!!?

Aha, got it.

This is a saving/loading issue.

I think it's also unrelated to the new Battlescape crash, as everything looked hunkydoory but I experienced a crash on the Industrial tile set, and I've just tested a Chinook without a hunter, and it still crashed.

Edit: Yeah, I'm guessing unrelated as I've just crashed on a new game where I Decommissioned both Hunters before saving.

Edited by Buzzles
Update

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to report this but found this thread instead.

My Game is 14.1 from 2012-09-04 about 20:00 emt.

Since I had a slightly different road towards this bug. Here my 2c.

Having lost HUNTER-001 in a mission I tried to assign HUNTER-002 to the CHINHOOK.

- It's faded out

- It can't be assigned to the CHINHOOK

- I can't change it's weapon system

- Decommission or transfer are unavailable

I have also seen this bug, but it happens when I build a new garage in the 1st base, I was trying to make a more defensible base and I was placing the buildings near the hangars in other slots, when the new garage was complete, Hunter-001 faded out and when I remove the old garage the game crashed.

For me, this bug happens whenever I load a game, whether it be because I'm a save-scumming casual or because I had to reboot my computer.

It sucks if I haven't sent the second tank to my new base yet, or if I haven't changed the loadout yet.

Otherwise, the tanks still function in the chinook. I've yet to see what happens when they are destroyed.

I only noticed it in V14.1, not in v14 during the time I played it.

Edited by Anon_Spartan