MCF Download error Desura

Looks like someone was kind enough to update the direct download page:

Xenonauts.dmg (V13.01)

Considering I spent 3 hours last night trying to get Desura to complete the download, I'm going the direct route now, which is dumb, but at least it seems to be working.

It's not the latest release, but at least it's something that doesn't involve me babysitting a download that should just work.

Desura is crap and I'll never buy anything through them again.

Edited by slerch666

I had to reinstall Desura completely in order to get it to install the latest version.

You could always try that.

Yeah, didn't work.

EDIT: Neither did the DMG file, which merely opens up into an HFS, which is useless for Windows machines. Oy. Guess bug reports will have to be regarding an old version of the alpha.

Which is, you realize, sort of stupid.

Edited by TheUbiquitous

I was trying a new install (new laptop) and was getting the same problems; clean install of Desura with no previous Xenonauts install.

Desura forum has a thread on it here: http://www.desura.com/forum/thread/server-down-download-freeze-at-0

It was started by a Xenonauts user but going down the page there are people complaining about other games, so it looks like some kind of Desura error.

Ubiqitous - I wouldn't bother reporting bugs in out of date versions. At best they'll be ignored, at worst it'll actively confuse our testers.

The standalone ZIP files are being updated tonight as there was some confusion between us and Desura over who was responsible for uploading them. They just need to approve it now and then the ZIP files will be V13.2 as well.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, now I have another Desura problem. I download the 14.1 version only to find out it is only the changes NOT the full game. So, now I have no files above the ASSETS folder. Obviously, it can't run without the exe's in the Xenonauts root. I've tried NUMEROUS times to get Desura to install the game again only to have MCF and "no servers available" errors crash the install even using Max's Desura "cures". Where can I get a standalone full game install? <sigh...>

Come the final release candidate, come the day we all get our steam keys, or download the standalone and then I bet we all abandon Desura en masse.
Amen to that one. I haven't been able to play since last Wednesday. I must have tried to re-install 20 times now. Thank God I ordered my retail game on DVD.

OK, I'm back in business! Thanks for the link. To everyone else having Desura problems...this link works. I wouldn't bother with doing any other Desura troubleshooting. Just download and install standalone. It will take quite a while to download then unpack all the files because the size of the download is 1.4 gigs, but it does work! Thanks Arturius!