How Come ???

I as well as others have placed threads/Questions or submitted details on Game Lockups I as well as others am sure we would love to know why these issues are not being addressed in some fashion. CTD's Saved Game files not working after about 3 saves an other causes of the games inability at this point to not play past certain points.

This generally pans out into a great deal of repitious time being spent starting a game an getting to a decent spot an then it is trashed for you an unable to move forward any further. Should there not be some attention into this area to try to fix it so we can test better ?

As it stands at the moment i gave up playing it as it is always the same start one move forward hit that point an games done, reload from an early save move forward same thing your done.

Until i see some form of patch fix or other for this i am stuck an wont be messing with it again. Now please understand i realize this is an alpha an as such many things are bugged or unforeseen things will pop up. But this saved game issue not loading or getting paid attention to IMHO just does not help the progress of the game to beta. How can we research cause an effect if nothing is done to allow us to progress pass it seems certain points ?

Please don't take this as a rant or a dis of the game. I am an original XCOM'er an an avid gamer an have helped work on many alphas an beta's, I understand how it goes, but this is IMHO a major glitch that thwarts what we are trying to do which is help progress the game an because of it we can't do so..

Looking forward to some productive talk about this.

Thank you...

Until i see some form of patch fix or other for this i am stuck an wont be messing with it again.

Well yeah, that's kinda the obvious solution isn't it? You're not meant to go on playing at any cost if a game keeps crashing on you.

The point of the alpha is to find and resolve things like this and when it's fixed you can go on playing. Maybe this bug is especially difficult to fix, all things have a reason. End of story.

Please don't take this as a rant or a dis of the game. I am an original XCOM'er an an avid gamer an have helped work on many alphas an beta's, I understand how it goes, but this is IMHO a major glitch that thwarts what we are trying to do which is help progress the game an because of it we can't do so..

Looking forward to some productive talk about this.

That's good, stay calm.

To answer your question, not everyone is having the issue that you are. I certainly am not. Actually, for me the game has been remarkably stable for something labeled as an "alpha". So it's not like the developer is blowing this off... it's more likely that you're dealing with a bug that only affects your computer (and an unknown number of others).

The point of this kind of beta-testing is (like Jean-Luc said) to help the developer learn about these things so that they can be fixed. The best thing to do would to post about your problem (as you've already done) and answer any questions you might get, so they have some clue about what what might be causing the bug.

Or if that sounds too tedious, you could - yes - just wait for the next patch/build. You've already helped their funding by pre-ordering the game anyway. The chance to be a tester for them is simply a bonus.

Loucifer, you're quite right there is a point beyond which things will go screwy. Chris says as much in the build 12.1 changelog:

you may well still be able to encounter parts of the game that are beyond the scope of the alpha if you play long enough. Obviously these won't work very well for you.

And it looks like you're hitting that point. However, the point where bug fixes get the most attention, according to "Three Builds to Beta" is at build Alpha v15/Beta v1:

Build Beta V1 (9th October)

- Soldier Role assignment and auto-equip system

- All aliens rendered and in-game

- All UFO exterior tiles in place

- Soviet Town buildings complete in 3D

- Flamethrower

- All "in-construction" images for the aircraft and vehicles

- Clicking on two icons on Geoscape near to each other beings up selection menu

- Majority of Xenopedia art done

- New tileset-specific civilians and AI soldiers rigged, animated and rendered

- Final game launcher

- AI working to a playable (though not necessarily finished) level

- Lots and lots and lots of bugfixes

If you can't wait for that stage in the game cycle, then there is an alternate solution.....

Edited by Max_Caine

Chris has also said that most of the team are working on getting content finished and into the game.

That probably leaves a lot less time for bug fixes.

Once the pace of content addition slows down more time can be put in to finding and squashing the trickier bugs.

The team isn't a huge behemoth that can spare half a dozen people for one task while another dozen work on something else.

It is probably the same coder trying to fix bugs as well as trying to make sure the new additions work.

At the moment the game works well enough to test the new stuff so fixing the save game bug is lower priority than getting the game feature complete.

That might change if Chris sees that the bug is preventing testing.