User interface, fonts, and foreign love

Nemeo

Hello,

Here's a practical issue: the font is to small for my old eyes. Will there be a way to modify the font size? Like a slider or different settings to choose from (normal - big - huge)? It may require you to modify the frames of the interface so that the bigger fonts fit better as well. It may sounds like unecessary and unwanted work but the point of a game is to have people enjoy themselves. Since this game uses a screen as its main medium, I think that eye comfort is important and that you should consider it.

About foreign love now. Your game is going to be awesome and undoubtedly worth of a huge worldwide success. However, some stubborn countries are still resisting the invasion of the english language (some stupid countries like mine even spend money for that matter). If you have not done so yet, you should consider creating a language file: a simple text file with text IDs and their associated text datas. Then your devoted fanboys would just have to open it with notepad and translate the text datas to whichever language they speak so that your game gets free translations all over the world.

As a side note, we translators would be grateful if you could think about our longer-than-needed languages when creating text frames. "Done" gives "Terminé" in french. I know, that's an aweful lots of letters, you don't need to remind me. There's always an ugly way to have translated text fit in a box, but your game deserves more than ugly translation. When a text block is bigger than 2 sentences it should not be a problem, but for 1 sentence block and shorter, it would be nice if you could make text frames twice the minimum english size.

As always, thank you for reading, Chris.

All the names and text strings are stored in strings.xml and can very easily be translated. Unfortunately, right now we haven't made much consideration for translation changing the length of the word...I'm reliably informed that everything in German is about twice the length as it is in English, for example.

I might see if we can bump the font sizes up a bit in the new GUI, and make frames longer as you suggest. No guarantees but it's something I'm aware of.