chihwahli

plasma gun / rifle hits armored car too much?

An alien that uses plasma weapons hits the starter armored car a lot! 46/80 after 1 hit.

Is that not a bit overpowered for a plasma handgun?

I can understand that there should be a chance to blow up the car with one shot, but not hit about 36 damage with 1 shot every time...

The game is very moddable. If you poke around a bit in the modding section of this forum you can surely find out ho to reduce damage done by plasma weapons. Whether you prefer it doing 60 or 10 hp per shot will be up to you, and you can play the game entirely as you want...

The values already set by Chris is my best bet. That would challenge most people. If you want it easier then reduce it by half or something?

Bear in mind of course that the starting vehicle, the Ferret, is a barely armoured car anyway and it's not meant to take heavy fire.

You will during the course of the game research and build much stronger vehicles, most of which are less armoured car like and more like tanks.

Since the aliens seem to love taking shots at it, I just send the two Ferrets off on scouting missions to draw out the fire. For as long as they last anyway. I've not been replacing them recently once they're gone.

Since the aliens seem to love taking shots at it, I just send the two Ferrets off on scouting missions to draw out the fire. For as long as they last anyway. I've not been replacing them recently once they're gone.

I use them as impromptu bulldozers. Very handy for the fences on the industrial map and the low stone walls on the farm map.

The fact they've got an excellent visual range is simply a bonus.

HOWEVER.

With the addition of building destruction, I can see the missile variant being very useful in the near future.

It's just like most superhero movies. The Xenonauts can cause more collateral damage than Hurricane Katrina, as long as they don't kill an actual person.

Mind you, I liked how X-COM Apocalypse didn't play out like that. In that game, your sponsors WOULD get their panties in a wad if you burned down the building looking for aliens. And on some maps (the missile factory, the fricking slum with the annoying narrow hallways, the Senate...), it was really tempting!

I remember when I got so frustrated in Apoc that I loaded incendiary rounds with everyone who could use them. Grenades too. In the slums I just burn the buildings out. Bastard aliens making me lose points.

...just how are you able to fit two Ferrets onto one chopper?

He folds them double so they only take up half the space. :cool:

One in each trouser leg of a Xenonaut would be the obvious answer.

But I meant the second one after the first had been destroyed.

Hmm maybe we need to combine this thread with the 'sniffer dogs to hunt aliens' thread.

Maybe even with the 'gunshot sounds instead of motion detectors' thread?

Well trained ferrets are deployed from the Chinook to hunt down enemies and pass messages to your troops when something is spotted in the hidden movement phase.

You could even research armour and jump armour for them.

Break out the dried frog pills for Thotkins.

He appears to have gone a bit bursar.

Now if only we could recruit the Librarian..