Save game during fight

Not that I read it anywhere on the site, but I had assumed the no combat saves setup was on purpose.

It was that way in the freeware UFO: AI X-COM remake, and their developers argued that the battles are a lot more tense when you can't save/reload after every mistake. Being a big fan of roguelikes, I'm inclined to agree.

That said, I can see how that would be frustrating to non-masochistic players, so I hope combat saves get added back in at some point. (After all, it's not like I'd HAVE to save every turn...)

Not that I read it anywhere on the site, but I had assumed the no combat saves setup was on purpose.

It was that way in the freeware UFO: AI X-COM remake, and their developers argued that the battles are a lot more tense when you can't save/reload after every mistake. Being a big fan of roguelikes, I'm inclined to agree.

That said, I can see how that would be frustrating to non-masochistic players, so I hope combat saves get added back in at some point. (After all, it's not like I'd HAVE to save every turn...)

I agree with your second paragraph, but not your third.

Saving + Quitting as one option should exist as there are times when you need to stop and it also ensures continuity between your turns and battles, but having a normal Save/Load function just results in people (myself included) saving before a turn, trying a tactic, then reloading if it all goes wrong.

Which kinda makes your choices pointless really if you're going to do that, as people will always fudge it for the best outcome rather than being forced to deal with what the game has thrown at them.

I'm fairly sure the idea is that you will be able to save during combat. I was just stating a preference, more than anything.

I thought Iron Man mode was no save in anything. Although, keeping your PC on endlessly (and without crashes) just to keep the game going seems unlikely :)

I'm fairly sure the idea is that you will be able to save during combat. I was just stating a preference, more than anything.

I thought Iron Man mode was no save in anything. Although, keeping your PC on endlessly (and without crashes) just to keep the game going seems unlikely :)

Ironman is Save+Quit only in both Geoscape and Groundcombat. Or will be, once it gets finished :)

I have a feeling I'll probably play Ironman from the getgo as I feel it's the way to get the most from the game, provinding Chris and Co manage to balance the game well.