Suggestion: less quick death

Th plasma gun of the aliens is too powerfull. One hit and a character dies!

Suggestion:

- Lower damage of plasma gun

- increase resistance, that at least the human survives and can run away.

- Decrease the hit chance

It's really no fun to see your characters die that quick....

I think it's working as intended. You will be getting better armour later on so that you can survive a bit better.

The lethality is part of the atmosphere and part of the fun. But Goldhawk hasn't done much balancing yet and it might be adjusted a bit later on.

Edited by Gorlom

I disagree with the statement "one hit and a character dies". An alien plasma rifle (common early-game weapon) does 65 HP damage and penetrates 15 pts of armour. The average squaddie will have between 55-60 HP. Jackal armour stops 25 pts of damage. So, in general a plasma rifle will do 50 HP of damage. Therefore, one hit and a trooper equipped with Jackal armour almost dies, but will live to see the next turn (and hopefully someone with a medkit). It's even better with a plasma pistol (first weapon you encounter), as that will do 30HP of damage after armour.

My experience has been a little different. In the beginning, typically my guys can survive getting hit once in their Jackal armor, although they may have to recover for half a month afterwards. It isn't until someone gets hit repeatedly, or a month in when the *heavy* plasma weapons start showing up, that I really have to worry about getting one-shotted. I like that... your starter armor actually makes a difference, and you get that window before the real meatgrinder fest begins.

Compare that to the original X-COM, when a single plasma hit had a chance of killing you even with the best armor in the game (let alone your starter clothes). Now THAT was tough...