So I downloaded the latest version of xenonauts, and whenever I try to save in game, the save button is blanked out. I tried exiting the game, but it didn't even autosave... is there a bug in this version that means the save was turned off? or is that a deliberate feature of this version...?

*Edit*

Disregard this, I'm an idiot. I must have accidentally clicked iron man mode, and it did autosave, but I read the date on the left hand side where it said Jun 8th, which was roughly the last time I played, so I thought that was an old save... It's too late, I should go to bed...

Edited by iMuzzaa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
you need to type a name, after that the save button can be pressed.

SAving is only at the world map, not during a ground battle, hope that will be implemented in the future.

Ahhhhhhhh! That's what I needed to know.. Was starting to go nuts having to manually gear up my troops each and every time before a Quick Battle...

OK, still don't get it, can someone assist dummy over here? Chihwahli says "you need to type a name, after that the save button will be pressed".

Where am I typing a name? Save button deactivated. No auto-save present? I am in the world map /Geoscape.

If you're in the Geoscape, press Escape, then click on Save (I presume that's not the one that's grayed out, if it is, you're in Ironman mode).

When you get the save dialog pop up, type in the white text box and then you can save. When you're making further saves, click on the save THEN click in the white text box, type the name then save.

Oddly, clicking on an existing save doesn't allow you to save without messing around with the text box again.

If you're in the Geoscape, press Escape, then click on Save (I presume that's not the one that's grayed out, if it is, you're in Ironman mode).

When you get the save dialog pop up, type in the white text box and then you can save. When you're making further saves, click on the save THEN click in the white text box, type the name then save.

Oddly, clicking on an existing save doesn't allow you to save without messing around with the text box again.

Hmm, cheers, I'm only in Veteran mode (not Ironman), but the Save button is still greyed out. However, it looks like Autosaves are now working for me, after the conclusion of a ground mission.

Edit: got it now, Ironman mode is 'independent of veteran/etc. doh...

Edited by gnarly