Three Builds to Beta!

Double fine made a kickstarter campaign before they even had a concept. They just knew what kind of game they wanted to do. Tim Schafers name has a lot of marketing power apparently :P

As you said the novelty of kickstarter has started to diminish for those pulled in by OOTS and double fine... I don't think enough people will be willing to wait another 3-4 years to justify start up launch over launching a kickstarter with a much closer release date and something to show off.

I think waiting will be a much better option for Goldhawk. They should have start up capital from the sales of Xenonauts post release.

"When it's ready", I think is the answer. The dates on the OP give you a rough idea of when the next build will be available - so expect v14 the end of August/start of September. But if youre not happy with the state of bugs in the game, the OP suggests that major bugfixing will only take place between v14 and Beta v1.

Can't wait for the next update, more maps (!!!) and from what I gather some very basic updates to the A.I. - It's going to turn the battlescape-part of the game to a completely different beast. Too bad it's a Sunday release and I got school all week so I will have to wait until next weekend before I can "fully immerse" myself in the game (if you get my drift) :cool:

Btw, will you be able to choose different difficulty-levels for the geoscape/battlescape? (in the finished game, that is)

Edited by Morgurthion

Historically, a weekend release for a build usually means it gets uploaded to Desura either on a Saturday or a Sunday, but then has to wait until Monday for someone on Desura's end to authorise the build. Also historically, whenever Chris has announced the build has been uploaded but not yet authorised, the threads first goes mad with "yay, update!" then goes mad waiting for the bods at Desura to do their bit ;)

Don't forget to add:

- Fix most of the typos

Build Beta V1 (9th October)

- Clicking on two icons on Geoscape near to each other beings up selection menu

I think you mean "brings" !!! :grammar nazi: :cool::cool::cool::cool:

/trolling mode off

Thank you devs!! Can't wait for the beta...not to mention the final release!!!! Any predictions on when to expect it??????

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Chris,

At this point, I know the next major release is the Beta v1 sometime around 9 October, barring any delays.

Do you have any more hot fixes or content updates on the board for between then and now?

I'm really enjoying the game so far, but I keep bumping up against Alpha limitations. :)

• 2 weeks later...