Three Builds to Beta!

I don't think about Chris as idle chatter. If he wrote a certain date, then it will be so. Yes, sometimes releases were delayed, but not his fault. He works remotely from programmers. and that because of these nuances have a problem. In general, if Chris promises, he does as promised.

I'm not questioning Chris' good intentions, it's just a problem with game comunities in general, every time you lay off a release plan (which is a good thing, and i encourage him to keep doing so), part of the comunity take it as a promise, where you didn't actually promise anything.

Chris himself says in the very same post that things could get delayed unexpectedly.

An update on this - I'm putting everything together and getting the build ready for release, but I've found a couple of major crash bugs during the testing and we can't release the build in this state. The fixed build will be ready tomorrow, hopefully, so we'll release it as soon as we can.

It's so nice to see the dev team keeping us informed openly and truthfully, even when the game is in this early state. I'd rather have a later but more stable release date then a rush to production littered with bugs. Still, eases my mind knowing about what's happening.

Thanks for the updates Chris!

It's so nice to see the dev team keeping us informed openly and truthfully, even when the game is in this early state. I'd rather have a later but more stable release date then a rush to production littered with bugs.

I wouldn't rule out a rush to production littered with bugs just yet - but we're clearing the most obvious show-stoppers out of the way for the next release. I'm sure plenty will slip through the net though!

I had to get out today, spend some time with friends because the build was not uploaded as scheduled at 00:00... You should be ashamed! ;)

More seriously, thank's for the job that has been done, and I agree with Dekamme: it's good to have a team informing us truthfully.

I wouldn't rule out a rush to production littered with bugs just yet - but we're clearing the most obvious show-stoppers out of the way for the next release. I'm sure plenty will slip through the net though!

I was referring to the eventual final release. In alpha/beta stage we're basically here to find the bugs, so it's up to all of us to help achieve that bug-free state :)

The answer to both your questions is on page 6, second, fourth and seventh posts (i.e. all the posts by Chris). I understand completely you don't want to believe it, but asking questions which have been already answered aren't going to change the answers, no matter how much you want them changed.

Don't rush devs. Working under pressure is not a good thing.

nonsense! I'm posting here and overseeing the reactor and everything is just....ah, Bob! would you tell the townsfolk to get their suits out? You know, the anti-bee ones. Big, ah, swarm, coming...

One of the show-stoppers is fixed. The other isn't. I'll release the build with it in it anyway if it's not fixed tomorrow simply because it's an obvious bug but won't cause crashes if you know about it...

At the risk of sounding stupid, what is it? :rolleyes:

One of the show-stoppers is fixed. The other isn't. I'll release the build with it in it anyway if it's not fixed tomorrow simply because it's an obvious bug but won't cause crashes if you know about it...

Good news to hear, I look forward to what comes next.

If you moved anything in the soldier inventory screen, elements of the Soldier Equip screen appeared in the background and if you accidentally clicked on any of them the game crashed. This is now fixed and I'm putting together the build now.

Sometimes, bugs are truely wierd. Imagine they have a soul:

"Hey, dude, what kinda feature could we corrupt ? How to be a pain ?"

"Got an idea Bob. Imagine, the player wants to move an item from intevtory screen... Then, we corrupt the background, and we cause a crash if he clicks on it!"

"Oh Yeah, you're a genious Marshall. Dat's de behaviour we need. And They'll never gonna find how to fix us!

By the way, next time we corrupt Geoscape when players right-clicks over an ocean"

"Pointless, I love it! Let's to this!"

If you moved anything in the soldier inventory screen, elements of the Soldier Equip screen appeared in the background and if you accidentally clicked on any of them the game crashed. This is now fixed and I'm putting together the build now.

Can't wait, the only thing that's been keeping me off this game is the Crashes and save game corruptions. I've hated it every time my saves have been ruined, but I've never been able to keep off starting over more than a day or so, it's crazy addictive. Now if we could just get some more maps, then everything beyond that is just gravy! Final release is going to be so awesome!