[V 23.7 Ground Combat] CTD on throwing a grenade

Blade

This happened in the 2nd or 3rd fight of the campaign. It CTDs on throwing a grenade on an alien. As I have thrown another of the same type by the same soldier just before, I can assume the problem is coming from actually aiming the grenade on the alien instead of on the ground hex.

output_log.txt

Hey! Actually I think what caused the CTD was not the grenade, but hovering over the alien.

I had to reload many times to get around the bug, and I figured out that the only safe way is to aim grenades on the ground next to the alien. Sometimes aiming a gun at it caused a crash - but other times didn't, which was surprising.

To make matters worse, if I ended the turn to kill the alien from attacks of opportunity, it also crashed during the movement of the alien - one soldier even fired at it, but around the 5th step it just crashed. It took like 20 tries to figure out how to throw grenades to shred its armor first, then finish it off with a frag grenade...

So, to sum it up, it wasn't the explosion. It never got to the attack, crashed before I could actually throw the grenade or fire the shot.