[12.1] Soldiers appear in multiple locations

I noticed while trying to organize my troops after expanding in July (building a second base, hiring new troops, transferring half of the initial squad to the new base so it wasn't staffed entirely with rookies) that the soldiers (from my initial starting squad) that I had transferred to the new base appeared in the troop lists in both bases and, while they could only be in one Chinook at a time could be assigned to the Chinook in either base. That doesn't seem like desired behavior...

I have a similar, but not exactly the same issue. I began the game with my standard North Africa base. After about a month of selling everything recovered from my ground missions I built a second base in North America. After living space was constructed, I transfered 4 vetrans from North Africa to the new base. Then using the "start new game then load save game" trick, I hired 6 additional troops for North America. Everything is going great at this point. After another good month I start a third base in Indochina. After living quarters are built, I again use the "start new then load" trick to populate the hiring fields, and I hire 10 soldiers for Indochina. I put all the new troops into basic training, as the hangers won't be complete for awhile anyway.

Later in the month, I ran a mission from North America base on a scout I manage to take down. One of my guys, a sgt. was wounded and listed as %56 health. I didn't think much of it at the time, he'll heal up fine. But it was that "wounded" field that drew my attention to a problem.

While checking in on the Indochina base, I looked at the personnel to see how far along the training was. It was there I noticed a soldier that was wounded at %56 and still in training status (as a sgt. no less). That go me to looking, and the soldiers in the Indochina base were in fact 8 out of 10 duplicates from the North America base in name, and rank.

Hello,

not sure if this is related or should be in seperate thread.

I used the mentioned "new game-jump to save game" to get more soldiers. I had 6 to start with... sent on standard scout mission (with 2 dead), no training. then I got terror mission, realized i needed more soldiers, repeated the trick. adding four.

saved.

loaded all "8"... shipped on terror mission then sucked at it (all 8 and hunter destroyed) hey is my first terror mission.

anyway, reloaded. this is where I discovered 4 still on chinook and 4 is on unassigned. loaded up the four unassigned, tried again. This time I have "four sets of twins". and each same twin pairs standing on 1 spot in chinook. but on action bar, i have 8 soldiers (and moves seperately).

(gives me heebies that I have four sets of matching soldiers & names.)

R