No Soldiers to recruit

I was playing for a few hours and was almost a year in. I needed to recruit a new soldier and clicked on hire and I got the list, but no names appeared. Have to restart the game now or else just play it till all of my men die out. A little sad lol.

I have this problem persistently, it seems as if the recruit screen just does not refresh with new bodies, mine also seems to go down when I recruit scientists or engineers as well, making it impossible to replace losses if I've got any extra staff

I suspect that this is the cause of my cross-linked soldier issue I've been experiencing between bases. Every time I use the "new/load" trick to hire soldiers, I end up with duplicates that are linked to one another. Example, soldier in base one takes some damage in a mission. Soldier in base 2 with same name is also wounded. Attempting to dismiss the duplicates will crash to desktop.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also experiencing this issue. Tried a lengthy first playthrough this week-end, and after some hours of real-time uninterrupted play I couldn't hire any more soldiers. I did not try this work-around, will try it tonight.

Perhaps connected, but I'll log it as a separate bug report to be sure: When this bug occured, perhaps even before, I wasn't able to place soldiers in new bases in a Chinook. As the new bases did not have any soldiers and I couldn't recruit, I moved about 4 soldiers from my main base (A) to base B. I also moved the chinook from base A to B. When I tried to assign the soldiers, the Chinook 4 option was greyed out.

The game showed me the right Chinook ID in the dropdown (Chinook 4 was the one I moved around, Chinook 3 was at base A).

I repeated this process with the same solders & Chinook and base C (moving them there from B), same issue.

I have a savegame of this issue, didn't try to reload it yet myself. Will fiddle around a bit with it tonight.

I began having CTD problem when loading any save in game (even if no UFO's were down or around) soon after I began having this recruit issue. I worked around by starting a new game and setting up a base, and checking the new recruit list then reloading the old save in the old game and then getting a proper list of new recruitable soldiers (who were the same recruitables as those on the recruit list in the new game). At that time I began getting ghost soldiers on the Chinook. Two were listed as in training (and each was listed twice) but would actually pop up in the Tactical missions (one of each name only) but not in the soldier list (though they were green numbered circles in the Chinook base graphic and could not be taken off the ship). If I fast forwarded till the training was done, I could put them on or off the ship but they were always duplicated (that is the list showed two of the same name were on or off and if I changed the weapons of one of them, the other with the same name changed too.)