June Progress Update

The original Combat Shield would probably use the same technique used on the F-17 airframe to make it stronger against alien weaponry.

The advanced Assault Shield would more than likely be based on alien alloys.

Neither of them will be off the shelf plastic riot shields.

You beat me to it Gauddlike, I too was going to reference the xenopedia articles for the F17 modifications :)

Edited by Buzzles

Nice update. The preview tilesets while spartan, have a good color palette. I remember the early previews of the maps looked a bit half baked for such a dark and menacing game. (Yes, X-com colors looked goofy too, but remember early 90s) Game is looking better and better visually.

Can't wait in three months time to start seeing more polished level design.

What game engine is this?
The biggest mistake we made was the engine choice. No joke, the engine Xenonauts uses was used to make Diner Dash. It can't handle 3D models. We're stuck with it because our first coder (who left two years back) chose it, and it is hugely unsuitable and we fight it every day. Use something like Unity3D instead - we'll use that for our next game.

That's from an earlier reddit AMA.

Its called playground sdk and seems to have been mostly abandoned since about 2010.

They are non responsive to emails or voicemails. Maybe turning up on their doorstep with a fat check would change their mind but I doubt it at this point.

• 2 weeks later...