[v12.1 - ground combat] soldier healed between two missions

Hi,

- Shot down two UFOs.

- Went to clear the first crash site - one soldier gets shot down to like 1% health. Mission ends with this guy dropped on the ground (thought he was dead :))

- Mission debrief says the guy had 1% health left and will be healing for X days

- Once I finish the first crash site, I head immediately (meaning not going back to base) to the second crash site

- Second crash site - all 8 soldiers have full health and are ready to go

Keep up the good work,

Ulfang

I just had a trooper get shot to 1hp, med kit was used to get him back to 25hp.

Mission completion said he had 41% health and needed 9 days recoup.

Checking the personnel screen as soon as the chinook go back from the mission (wasn't far, maybe an hour or two) says he's in the hospital for 4 more days.

edit: as it happens the same trooper in the next mission walked into a powerroom and took reaction fire, which missed and detonated the power core (killing the sebillian)... mission completion said 17 days, personnel screen (immediate, with chinook out) said 11 days. Another trooper caught in the blast took minor wounds, but showed on the personnel screen correctly with 81% damage (assigned to chinook)

Edited by LeftyRighty

I think that's why they have the difference between wounded (unavailable) and injured (available for missions but with missing hps), though I agree perhaps in the final version an explanation in the manual or via tooltip to explain

• 5 months later...

I can confirm this bug; it happens with any unit that is injured or killed in action. Here's how you should be able to do it:

1) Shoot down two UFOs simultaneously.

2) Send the Skyranger out to one crash site, complete the mission with at least one death.

3) Send the Skyranger out to the second crash site.

All of your dead soldiers are now alive again (though with empty inventories), your vehicles will be fine and ready for combat again, and once you return to base all casualties will be updated to the second mission. Any deaths or injuries in the first mission will be erased and never updated.

It seems to me that the game does not fully update the condition of your soldiers until they return to base, though it's a bit of a puzzler why resurrected soldiers will have no items.