Possible to "intercept" outside of radar range?

I think I've had my first terror event, but I can't get there. I was tailing a UFO (ok, chasing a UFO in a jet too slow to catch it) which disappeared from radar somewhere over Greenland. An event, also in Greenland, triggered stating that a "UFO (was) observed by military aircraft" and that "intervention by local Xenonaut forces" was awaited. Greenland happens to be outside my radar range and I can't seem to select it for interception. I click the "intercept" button and am prompted for a target location. Double-clicking in the vicinity of the event doesn't pop the aircraft assignment dialog like clicking within my radar coverage area does. Is that the way it's supposed to be?

They're only Greenlanders, but still...

;)

Hi Korval,

That sounds more like an event than a terror mission; I haven't played much since the 9.0 versions, but I suspect that terror missions come with a large number of giant warnings saying TERROR MISSION. On the other hand, UFOs flying around the map often generate little events; these aren't missions that you can directly take on, but do give you an idea where UFOs might be lurking outside your radar range.

If you have an interceptor squadron in flight you should be able to select "Go to location" (I can't remember what the actual menu item is called) and then send the fighters to near where the event occurred; if you are lucky the planes will pick up the UFO on their own radar and you can try to intercept again.