[V23.7 Strategic] Crash. Day 173. 01:10 AM

Kalle

• Kalle changed the title to [V23.7 Strategic] Crash. Day 173. 01:10 AM

Sorry, I do not know what else I can add. I just let the time run and on day 173 01:10 am the game crashes. all research and production switched off. Unfortunately did not help

Edited by Kalle

On 5/27/2022 at 7:41 AM, Kalle said:

Thanks. This is a really weird one. It's the same bug as this in the thread linked below.

Basically what's happened is that a UFO crashsite has been spawned on the Geoscape but for some reason it has no icon (so it's invisible). That times out 24 hours after being spawned and when the game tries to remove it from the Geoscape, it crashes because it has no icon.

Do you remember what happened the day before this bug appeared? Did you shoot down any UFOs in unusual ways or anything? Do you have any saves from a little bit earlier on the Geoscape?

12 hours ago, meddog50 said:

Chris

I too have had the CTD on day 173 for no apparent reason at all. Game was playing perfect up to that point. 

output.log_1.916ec665eb793df354f53c19602d0a71 12.15 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks. Can you answer the same questions as above? 

e.g. Do you remember what happened the day before this bug appeared? Did you shoot down any UFOs in unusual ways or anything? Do you have any saves from a little bit earlier on the Geoscape?

Basically we have no idea how the game is getting into this situation. It's affecting different users at different times so I think it must be linked to the player's actions somehow.

Just shortly before the CTD, I took down two UFOs using the auto resolve. This all went without incident. In both cases I grabbed the cash and did not send a dropship. A third UFO appears, as it is about to  enter my radar range the game CTD. I hope this helps in some way. Otherwise the game has played without any hiccups at all. I am enjoying the new twists . This game has come a long way.