Night Time Battles

Only two quick suggestions: First, darker. Much darker. I don't really feel claustrophobic, like the dark is hemming me in. I don't even care one bit about chemlights. I should.

And along those lines, lamp posts. Little lit areas.

Flares do increase your line of sight a little bit currently, but I would like to see an accuracy penalty if the aliens are lurking in the shadows. Flares would become more useful for lighting up your target.

This. Hitting something in the dark is very hard, not to mention night fights are confusing. I remember emptying half a magazine in a tree stump, thinking it was a target. Would be nice if one could add "false" enemies to night fights, but I'd wager that'd be too much work.

Yes, this. Shooting at a dimly-lit or dark target should penalize accuracy. Not sure how much, but I'm sure some testing can figure that out. Also, I'd like it if dark, unlit areas were really dark, unlit areas.

Scared?? I love night missions because Im this much closer to the screen and I especially let nothing distract me while Im playing on my custom night terror sites. XCOM I mean, lol.

You should all go outside at night in the pure darness. You would see how it feels to be an XCOM Operative. Walk around outside away from the city lights hehehehehe!

You should all go outside at night in the pure darness. You would see how it feels to be an XCOM Operative. Walk around outside away from the city lights hehehehehe!

Ow! bloody wall. who put that there? Ow! bloody bush. Someone's doing this on purpose! If only I had brought an electro flare. Perhaps those gentlemen up ahead wearing gang colours can help me out...

And along those lines, lamp posts. Little lit areas.

There's a thread somewhere I posted about this. Basically, lit tiles are in the game codewise, but don't yet exist in a map. Chris may or may not get around to modifiying some maps, but their new mapper (when they hire one) should add lit tiles in.

If you want, you can go into the editor and alter some yourself. I'm quite fond of making undamaged guardhuts be a small light source.