The "Squadie" DLC Pack

The premise: When you play a tactical combat game where you are running your squad made up of your individual squadies you are "role playing" your squadies and your "squad" as a whole. So what helps you get into that experience? the background on the squad members, the weapons you equipt them with, the gender, the picture etc. You strive to preserve squad members who have been on many missions, have many skills and who you have been through some tough times with.

The idea then is that by adding just a few additional elements to what makes up a squad member and a "squad" we will make it that much funner to play the game.

I would like to pay 5-10$ for a DLC that adds a number of special abilities/perks to my squadies

I will throw out some initial ideas for how this system could work and what the pack could contain and you guys add some ideas:

Perks add a modest stat gain to a squad member and are selected at the completion of 5,10, and 15 missions

1). Machine Gunner gain +3 aps when having a machine gun equipted, or ace sniper, assault shot gunner etc

2). Tough Guy +3 health

3). Crazy Brave +3 bravery

4). Strong arm +4 strength only when grenade equipted

etc etc perks can have conditions, so be creative

Squad level perks squad level perks are attached to a character who has a rank of Sgt or above, they apply to any squad member who goes on a mission with this squad member, they could be stackable or not. depends on balance

1). Steady Leader +1 accuracy to all squad members

2). Inspired Leader +1 Bravery to all squad members

3). Action Jackson +1 APs to all squad members

Maybe the DLC pack can include a new weapon system, the more weapon options the more you get into your squad- grenade launcher, flame thrower(oh yea)

I saw another post where I guy had the idea of saving loadout templates, lets add that wonderful idea too.

So the whole point of all this is to allow me to customize my squadies further so that they have more personality so that the become more and more compelling over time as they develop.

What do you think?

I'm sure Chris has plans for DLC once the game ships. More weapons would be reasonable to expect. It's a certain kind of person who wants to pay for character perks in a modable single player game but they'll probably make enough money on it to justify the cost of making it.

Oh god, not the DLCs.

The game will be complete without this particular suggested DLC. Quite frankly I think it would take away from the game so what is the problem with this DLC? Its a game changer, and not for the better in many peoples opinion. (I'm assuming you are of the opinion that the game isn't complete without any released DLC, which I find to be a ridicolous notion btw. Especially in this case)

Personally I'm thankful that he is suggesting this as a DLC rather than wanting it to be in release and affect the original gameplay experience..

Edited by Gorlom

What i'm asking for is more ways to give the squad members customization abilities. I never said the current system is inadequate.

For me, it would add to the immersion and "getting into my squadies" if I could give them some abilities as they progress and have some choice in the matter.

But it sounds like the idea of being able to add more abilities to your squad members doesn't appeal to you? or is it the idea that this would be DLC?

But I can almost guarantee you that if this game takes off a modder will do it, if its possible that is.....

I like the effort and all. But i think that will take away from the game, all you have to do is use your troops in their respective roll and they will get better at it.

What "role"? There is no specialized role.

Wepon effectiveness depends on accuracy stat, not weapon used.

Your soldier who has been nothing but a sniper the whole game, will make just as good a machinegunner. There is no real destinction in weapon skills (as there aren't any).

What "role"? There is no specialized role.

Wepon effectiveness depends on accuracy stat, not weapon used.

Your soldier who has been nothing but a sniper the whole game, will make just as good a machinegunner. There is no real destinction in weapon skills (as there aren't any).

I believe that he is talking about the weapon specific perks opened up at lvl 5, 10 an 15 in the OP while you seem to be talking about the game as it is now.

Quoted for convenince:

Perks add a modest stat gain to a squad member and are selected at the completion of 5,10, and 15 missions

1). Machine Gunner gain +3 aps when having a machine gun equipted, or ace sniper, assault shot gunner etc

2). Tough Guy +3 health

3). Crazy Brave +3 bravery

4). Strong arm +4 strength only when grenade equipted

etc etc perks can have conditions, so be creative

So the whole point of all this is to allow me to customize my squadies further so that they have more personality so that the become more and more compelling over time as they develop.