[V23.6 Ground Comnbat] Soldier's top status bar appears as deceased despite being at full health

geno

Sgt. Bjarke Agger (4 in the top status bar) is the one with this issue. I noticed that if you spend time units then the TU display is correctly displayed. Also I noticed he has a Sgt rank instead of cpl like the other soldiers and this is the first mission of the campaing.

Edit: I found another issue in the same mission: My sniper Lucya can see an enemy throw the smoke. Is this supposed to happen? I've uploaded a save state of this one too (user_fog_issue)

quick-1.json

user_fog_issue-1.json

Edited by geno

• geno changed the title to [V23.6 Ground Comnbat] Soldier's top status bar appears as deceased despite being at full health
On 5/21/2022 at 11:02 AM, geno said:

Sgt. Bjarke Agger (4 in the top status bar) is the one with this issue. I noticed that if you spend time units then the TU display is correctly displayed. Also I noticed he has a Sgt rank instead of cpl like the other soldiers and this is the first mission of the campaing.

Edit: I found another issue in the same mission: My sniper Lucya can see an enemy throw the smoke. Is this supposed to happen? I've uploaded a save state of this one too (user_fog_issue)

quick-1.json 12.69 MB · 1 download

user_fog_issue-1.json 12.73 MB · 1 download

Thanks for the report. Unfortunately I can't reproduce this bug from the save you provided (I guess the UI is refreshed when you load a save which fixes the issue) but I'll keep an eye out for it. One thing I do see is that the soldier has a TU penalty from carrying too much so perhaps that's the cause.

Yes, the smoke behaviour is correct - smoke doesn't block vision, it just reduces accuracy when you try to shoot through it. We're shortly going to be adding a new UI element that explains how a shot hit % is calculated which should make that more obvious!