[V23.5 Ground Combat] TU saved for shots don`t work

On 5/13/2022 at 11:02 PM, thixotrop said:

Having TUs saved for my heavy by RMB-click to turn it orange.
Walking forward and soldier doesn`t stop so that he cannot shoot anymore.

I've given this a test and it seems to me like the TU reserve works fine (at least at the start of the mission). If you encounter this issue again then please attach the save and I'll take a look at it, because it's something that might be tied to a specific action or something that has happened to that soldier.

1 minute ago, Chris said:

I've given this a test and it seems to me like the TU reserve works fine (at least at the start of the mission). If you encounter this issue again then please attach the save and I'll take a look at it, because it's something that might be tied to a specific action or something that has happened to that soldier.

I wonder if this is an issue with TU needed for turning before shooting?  There may be enough TUs reserved if the target is directly in front of the soldier at the time they stop, but if they are off to the side (eg are seen by other soldier after they've stopped moving, and need to turn to shoot), in which case they won't have enough TU to take the shot. 

On 5/16/2022 at 12:02 PM, Emily_F said:

I wonder if this is an issue with TU needed for turning before shooting?  There may be enough TUs reserved if the target is directly in front of the soldier at the time they stop, but if they are off to the side (eg are seen by other soldier after they've stopped moving, and need to turn to shoot), in which case they won't have enough TU to take the shot. 

One of the things we did based on watching people playing the game and getting very angry is remove the TU cost for rotation when shooting, so it's unlikely to be anything related to that.

It's probably something weird in the code like an interaction with alien overwatch somehow resetting the reserve counting, etc.