Brosama - have you updated your game on Desura (the little update button next to the game on your game list)? It doesn't autoupdate. V8.1 should have the resolution chooser box in it.

Yep, I've updated :P

Here's what I posted in the V8 resolution bug thread:

Some bugs I've noticed with the resolution selection that came with the new update:

I do not know if this is specific to my computer, or if it happens to all screens with my resolution, but when I try to load a game in 1024 x 1280, everything on the screen turns 90 degrees.

Also, when I try to run a game in 1200 x 1600, I get a "Failed creating the Direct3D device" error.

(Here's what the 90 degrees thing is doing

Untitled-1.jpg

)

I didn't think I should make a whole thread for it, since it seems to be working fine for others.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.954634b81976b4a875e

Edited by Brosama
90 degrees, not 45... oops

Hmmmm. That's a peculiar one. I actually get the 'Failed creating the Direct3D device" error myself on that setting, so I'll have to follow that up with the coder (not sure why I've not done that before really). But the 180 degree thing is strange. I remember having something a bit like that on my laptop, now you post - with the screen being rotated.

Hmm, I'll see what the coder says anyway.

Just played a bit, and was pleasantly surprised when the UFO wasn't where I expected it. The soldiers who got shot while running towards that corner probably didn't share my enjoyment, though.

Anyway, two things; I feel like I'm fighting the interface when I try to deselect a soldier. What happens is, I'll click on the gun to shoot at something, and then I'll want to deselect the shooting or select another soldier. I cannot deselect the shooting, and my only apparent way to do anything else is to click on the little numbers, thereby selecting a new soldier. Secondly, the game crashes to desktop if I try and click the soldiers tab at the base.

I like the impact from the rockets, too. The rocket-launcher vehicle just flattens everything that gets in its way.

The scout looks great.

One thing that comes to mind though is: It flies with the door facing the front? i.e. most of the damage that hits the scout hits the door?

Who knows? Maybe the aliens have perfected the art of crafting doors, making the durability of their doors better than their hulls? ;)

Hey guys quick question. Befor you say something, I searched for Steam preorder etc. etc. ... But...

Will Xenonauts arrive on Steam ? If yes, will I be able to download it too on Desura?

Thing is, I have quite a compilation of games runing on Steam and I dont really want to install another Steam-thingy thing on my PC. Just for one game. what, if it's not going to work like I hope, would be no greater problem, cause of the game it would be worth it =)

Yes on release you'll get either Steam or Desura depending on your preference.

The door is on the front, but it's got a sliding protector that you can see on the front if you look closely at the image and covers over the entrance passageway when the craft is in flight.

V8.2 is planned for either today or tommorrow. We're processing and loading the new sprites now, and the UFO is being carved into tiles at the moment. The save / load on the Ground Combat has turned out to be a ridiculous amount of work so that's unlikely to make it in. I'll keep you all posted anyway.

Darn.

I was hoping to do a little introduction video into this game for YouTube but I guess I'll have to do one but focus on combat and whatever is currently available. Second video batch should contain the research tree so I'll do that when the patch is released.

Ok, ok. I wasn't really sure if I should ask him but I guess I'll wait until he gets back.

It's just that the only vids on GHI YouTube channel don't have any sound or explanation about anything and are a year old. The rest of the Xenonaut vids are one from TB and one that is made in German.

You know what. I'll let some one more experienced make the vid.

Edited by Da-Fort