Jump to content

[V23.5 - Combat mission] Alien shooting thru wall


Recommended Posts

Well, there's some good news and some bad news. The good news is that this isn't actually a problem in the source assets. If I start a mission against a destroyer then the walls work totally fine (and presumably this is why only you are reporting this issue). If you play another campaign it likely won't be affected by this bug.

But the walls are definitely broken in your save. The "stopping chance" properties for the walls are just totally gone, and we need to figure out what might have happened there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Chris said:

But the walls are definitely broken in your save. The "stopping chance" properties for the walls are just totally gone, and we need to figure out what might have happened there.

Trust me to have the really weird issue that only I get!! ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it possibly related to the other similar bug I reported where both aliens and my troops could walk through certain bits of wall?  I reported it in [V23.5 - Combat mission] Non-existent wall which had a similar picture and save game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Emily_F said:

Is it possibly related to the other similar bug I reported where both aliens and my troops could walk through certain bits of wall?  I reported it in [V23.5 - Combat mission] Non-existent wall which had a similar picture and save game. 

Yeah, it's the same bug. It'll probably affect any alien base missions too.

6 minutes ago, Emily_F said:

Trust me to have the really weird issue that only I get!! ;)

I'm quite concerned it's a situation where everyone has this bug, but you're the only person with this unique symptom. If so it's going to be a real pain to fix it :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

Yeah, it's the same bug. It'll probably affect any alien base missions too.

I'm quite concerned it's a situation where everyone has this bug, but you're the only person with this unique symptom. If so it's going to be a real pain to fix it :)

Yay!  I'm the Bugfinder-General!  ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Incidentally we've figured this one out, and it's a much less serious bug than I first thought - and it'll be fixed in the hotfix.

The problem is that you've destroyed those walls, but as they don't have any destroyed art setup they just stay fully visible despite no longer existing in game terms. I've set them up to disappear when destroyed now.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...