last two versions keep getting this same crash any idea how to fix it ? tried deleting reinstalling everything 

please starting to really miss the game

Failed to load PlayerSettings (internal index #0).
Most likely data file is corrupted, or built with mismatching
editor and platform support versions.

• Chris changed the title to Crash on load
1 hour ago, NZWarlock said:

last two versions keep getting this same crash any idea how to fix it ? tried deleting reinstalling everything 

please starting to really miss the game

Failed to load PlayerSettings (internal index #0).
Most likely data file is corrupted, or built with mismatching
editor and platform support versions.

Hi. Can you please tell me what version of the game you are trying to play, and whether you're on Steam or GOG?

Basically the most likely issue is you need to delete your files and do a clean reinstall. That means finding the install directory via Steam and then deleting it in File Explorer (not through Steam), and then going into My Documents/My Games/ and deleting the "Xenonauts 2" folder. Deleting through Steam can often leave files behind in the game directory.

That should ensure you have no old files left at all and the game should work fine then.

7 hours ago, NZWarlock said:

gog done that still does the same thing

steam wont let me buy it 

says its early acesss but no buy option

Hmm. I just downloaded and tested the GOG game and it seemed to work fine for me. Are you playing the Experimental branch or the standard branch?

Can you post up your logs? See this post on where to find them: https://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/forum/33-xenonauts-2-bug-reports/

4 hours ago, NZWarlock said:

also how do i download from gog or steam it wont let me just says coming soon

Right, so you're playing a pirated version of the game then? If so we can't provide support for pirate versions of the game, for obvious reasons. V23.1 is also quite out of date at this point.

The only way to properly play the game at the moment is via a key you got from Kickstarter. If you have a GOG key from Kickstarter then you should be able to download it provided you install GOG Galaxy first.

If you weren't a Kickstarter backer you'll need to wait until the game is on sale, which it isn't yet. We don't know exactly when that will be but hopefully not too long.