[V23.4 - Cleaner intel mission] - several issues

1 hour ago, Emily_F said:

I've found several issues with this mission:

1. There is no intel to collect, or the purple boxes I did find weren't pick-upable. 

2. Halfway thru the mission the ranges of all my weapons more than halved for some reason

3. Once I finished the mission all my Warden armour disappeared. 

user_cant_pick_up_intel-3.json 12.4 MB · 0 downloads output.log 1.49 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks. So the intel is on the computer desks, which should all have a pulsing gold glow on them. I might update the objectives message to make that completely clear. The purple boxes are just a missing texture error I need to fix.

I couldn't reproduce the weapon range halving issue when I played your save for a bit. That sounds very strange and I have no idea what might be causing that.

I tried both winning and losing the mission using the save you provided and in both cases the survivng soldiers returned with their Warden armour. How did the mission end for you? I'm guessing you lost the mission, though, if you weren't able to find the intel - did you get the soldiers back into the dropship and abort?

I did Shift-ctrl-V to end it cos I couldn't find the Intel and the cleaners were turning up in force. Would that do it? 

I didn't see any pulsating gold boxes but I guess I was used to the old purple flashing desks. I even tried hovering the mouse over the old desks they used to be in and nothing happened. 

15 minutes ago, Emily_F said:

I did Shift-ctrl-V to end it cos I couldn't find the Intel and the cleaners were turning up in force. Would that do it? 

I didn't see any pulsating gold boxes but I guess I was used to the old purple flashing desks. I even tried hovering the mouse over the old desks they used to be in and nothing happened. 

Hmmm. I think using the autowin cheat on this mission might cause an issue, because your soldiers will be outside the recovery zone (i.e. the dropship) and therefore their items probably weren't recovered. It's not a situation you can generate without cheats so I don't think it's a bug.

It's weird the desks weren't generating the hand cursor if you mouse over them. Can you just try loading the save again just to confirm that's the case? As if so it would be a bug.

Your save game exposed a different bug with the enemy reinforcements anyway so it's been helpful nonetheless.

I found all 23 golden Desks, but at the end of the mission there was no intelligence to be acquired, nothing at all, so I don't see any benefit to the mission. Also when the troops arrive back at the base they are minus some Armour and weapons like stun batons.  

On 5/7/2022 at 11:02 PM, Ruggerman said:

I found all 23 golden Desks, but at the end of the mission there was no intelligence to be acquired, nothing at all, so I don't see any benefit to the mission. Also when the troops arrive back at the base they are minus some Armour and weapons like stun batons.  

It unlocks the next stage in the Cleaner research chain, and each Cleaner Data item can be sold for $25k or so. Is that not happening for you?

Can you provide a bit more detail on the missing armour, and ideally some save games? How did you win the mission? Did you get your troops back to the dropship and then the mission ended?

44 minutes ago, Ruggerman said:

The mission ended after I eliminated all of the cleaners, just like all other missions.

Ugh. That's a bug too - the mission isn't meant to end if you kill all the enemies. You need to pick up the items and take them back to the dropship, and enemy reinforcements will keep spawning until you do. We'll have a look at that too.

• Like 1