Xenonauts-2 Closed Beta Build V23.4 Hotfix Released! (Experimental Branch)

This hotfix addresses a number of further issues with V23. You'll need to be on the Experimental Branch to access the build.

If you want to continue playing your V23.3 campaign (as this update breaks save games) then please switch to the Experimental Legacy Branch instead.

• Disabled the Arid missions until we have a chance to rework those maps, as that biome is a total mess visually.
  • Fixed various crashes / issues related to having melee weapons in your inventory.
  • Hopefully fixed the issue where loading an end-of-turn save game would play out differently to how it played out originally. If successful, this will make it much easier to reproduce bugs from save games.
  • Fixed a AI hang that could occur when an enemy unit suffered a morale break and fled.
  • Fixed a crash when a Reaper was spawned due to overwatch fire.
  • Fixed an issue where the objective items on the Cleaner Intel mission would flicker purple.
  • Fixed an issue where the shuttered windows on the Polar biome would continue to block shots even after being destroyed.
  • Fixed an issue where certain soldier armour / gender combinations would have the combat shield incorrectly rotated.
  • Fixed an issue with weapon ammo tooltips that could cause flickering red error messages to appear on the Soldier Equip screen.
  • Fixed an issue where the air combat deployment zones were not disappearing in the Release / Stable builds.
  • Hay is no longer invisible on the Farm maps.
  • Fixed a minor issue with the T-shirt civilians where parts of their arms were transparent.
  • Fixed some issues with the civilians wearing overalls (misaligned bodies, oversatured textures, etc).

Let us know if you continue to experience further bugs in the game. We're not planning on releasing any further content updates for V23 so we'll only be releasing further hotfixes if there are gameplay bugs or stability issues that need fixing.

• Like 2

On 5/6/2022 at 9:15 PM, thixotrop said:

So after I played V22.6 and reported some bugs, Chris told me to swicth to V23 ...

Now I did with "experimental / unstable", see here:

Game says it is now V22.4
What??
image.png.30b2255f8bb75942b6a9a90fdcbd6356.png

Bugs are as before...

Where is my mistake?

Ah. You didn't make a mistake here, looks like I just made a typo in the version number - I wrote V22 instead of V23. Sorry about the confusion. You can tell from the date that you've got a recent version though.

I'll fix the typo in the next hotfix.