Soldier kits are just standard equipment sets that players can customize to fit their needs, and will make equipping your soldiers a snap. Set up the kit, then just apply it to all soldiers set to use that kit, and voila - you only need to do the equipment management for one sniper to have it take effect for all of your snipers.

I think these are planned in some form, but I have some ideas for their implementation.

1. Have a customizable default soldier kit that soldiers can revert to if there aren't currently enough stores to re-equip their standard equipment (this kit should be restricted to infinite items only).

2. Let players create / name their own kits as needed rather than providing a default set. Players will already want to customize the default set, so you might as well go all the way.

Basically near their armor setting you could have a drop-down 'kit' menu. You could list all existing kits there, as well as a 'save new kit' and 'modify existing kit' option if you want to create a new kit from the soldier's current equipment set.

so a kit will probably look like this then

i select the jackal combat armor

give him an assault rifle with 1 extra mag and 1 frag grenade

i klick save kit and name it "assault kit"

i go to the next soldier go into the kit menu and select the "assault kit"

so a kit will probably look like this then

i select the jackal combat armor

give him an assault rifle with 1 extra mag and 1 frag grenade

i klick save kit and name it "assault kit"

i go to the next soldier go into the kit menu and select the "assault kit"

Exactly, and that will give the soldier the exact same set.

Later on, if you modify the assault kit (you made the laser rifle, so you want to give your soldiers that), then all soldiers still set to Assault Kit will be given the new equipment.

That introduces a problem whereby you might not have enough laser rifles to actually give everyone that equipment, hence the need for a default fallback kit if any soldier can't be equipped due to lack of items.

• 3 weeks later...