[V23.2 - Game-breaking armoury screen issue] - Soldiers in the reserves unusable even if moved to the transporter

Emily_F

Yep had this Bug too in my short Playtest. After an Save, Going out of the Game and Load the Save it was gone away.

That happend to me after I tried to give San-Packs to the 4 Soldiers in Reserve.

@Emily_F:

Can you please check too 3 more Issues I have noticed:

a) Build Stun Guns and Stun Battons with give it to the Soldiers in the Backback / Hand. There I got double Stun Guns / Stun Battons

b) CTD Check after the Medical Center and / or Training Center get build up in the Main-Base. 

c) evtl. CTD after the production from Stun Guns / Stun Battons get done fully.

I was to tired yesterday to make an written Report for these 4 Issues / Bugs. Thanks.

Edited by Alienkiller

1 hour ago, Emily_F said:

I have just started a new game in v23.2 and I went to equip my soldiers but this happened.  The troops already in the chopper work normally, but the ones in the reserve list look like the pic below and you can't equip them with anything.  Even if you move them to the chopper, the same happens. 

user_faulty_amoury-1.json 1.84 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks. Urgh. I think this is actually caused by something going haywire when you build an item. We're looking into it now and will push a fix as soon as we're able.

EDIT - actually, no. If you don't do a ground combat mission then all the construction and inventory stuff works fine. It looks like something is maybe getting broken as a result of the first ground combat mission, and then that's causing all these other issues.

50 minutes ago, Chris said:

OK, this is now fixed. It was an error tied to melee weapons, which would cause the game to crash or get corrupted at a later point once someone in a battle was equipped with one. Thanks for letting us know so quickly.

I hadn't done a ground combat mission at this point - I was about to do one.  All I had done at this stage was build some Defender armour and was trying to equip some troops with it to go on my first mission.  

Has the version on Steam been updated?  If so, I'll have another go.

2 hours ago, Alienkiller said:

Yep had this Bug too in my short Playtest. After an Save, Going out of the Game and Load the Save it was gone away.

That happend to me after I tried to give San-Packs to the 4 Soldiers in Reserve.

I tried reloading as you suggested but now I get a load of Dev Text saying something about biomes before CTD

Emily, that same Issue / Bug I had too directly the Main-Base set on the Globe and go in the Soldier-Equipment Menue. I had it with the Sani Packs and you have it with the first R & D-Armor.

Hmm.... strange. I get fully out of the Game and restarted it from Steam again and that was away. Therefore I get the other announced CTDs then.

Don´t sit on my Home PC now, will try to hang on my Data-Infos today night or tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Alienkiller said:

Emily, that same Issue / Bug I had too directly the Main-Base set on the Globe and go in the Soldier-Equipment Menue. I had it with the Sani Packs and you have it with the first R & D-Armor.

Hmm.... strange. I get fully out of the Game and restarted it from Steam again and that was away. Therefore I get the other announced CTDs then.

Don´t sit on my Home PC now, will try to hang on my Data-Infos today night or tomorrow.

The game won't even start for me now lol

2 hours ago, Emily_F said:

I hadn't done a ground combat mission at this point - I was about to do one.  All I had done at this stage was build some Defender armour and was trying to equip some troops with it to go on my first mission.  

Has the version on Steam been updated?  If so, I'll have another go.

The update has been pushed now, yeah. Hopefully it’ll fix the issues you’re having.