Xenonauts-2 Closed Beta Build V23.2 Hotfix Released! (Experimental Branch)

This hotfix addresses a number of issues with V23, and also adds a fair bit of additional content. You'll need to be on the Experimental Branch to access the build.

If you want to continue playing your V23.1 campaign (as this update breaks save games) then please switch to the Experimental Legacy Branch instead.

• Content - we've added almost all the final male civilian models to the game, along with the various new Cleaner models (which look much better). The updated female models will be coming in the next month or so.
  • Content - I've added research text for the Alien Hyperdrive, Sentry Gun and Aerial Warfare research projects. A number of research projects that were previously missing art have had them added.
  • Content - the first Cleaner mission now has three possible maps, not just one.
  • Fix - fixed an AI hang that could occur in the alien base.
  • Fix - fixed a hang that could occur as part of the alien psionic power process.
  • Fix - fixed a crash that could occur if you extracted some soldiers from the Cleaner Intel Mission before finishing the mission.
  • Fix - fixed manufactured undersuit / special items disappearing after completing the Cleaner Intel Mission.
  • Strategy - the Servosuit and other items that increase Strength now correctly also increase Carrying Capacity.
  • Strategy - the Alenium Grenade project now correctly upgrades your grenades and HEVY ammo.
  • Strategy - the tooltip detection for Hangars is now constrained to the hangar itself.
  • Tactical - combatant HP / Armour values are now visible on 4k screens.
  • Tactical - damage numbers spawned above the heads of units are no longer unusually small on screen resolutions about 1080p.

Let us know if you continue to experience further bugs in the game. We're not planning on releasing any further content updates for V23 so we'll only be releasing further hotfixes if there are gameplay bugs or stability issues that need fixing.

• Like 2

Chris and Dev-Team, thanks for the new Hotfix and the Content-Integrations for V.23.1 and here too.

Like I can read, there are more Content-Integrations (esp. Missing ones) are planed for the next Version V.24. So we can expect their in End Mai / somewehre in June, if I understand your last comment correctly?

First, thank you for continuing to develop and improve the game.
But I would like to ask you why every time a new patch is released I have to start the game all over again.

Imagine the scene:

You play up to a certain point, after many (even difficult) missions, then...
zac! you have to start all over again.
Without even being able to try to load the last save, because the game warns "is from an older version".

It wasn't my intention to be too critical, but it frustrated me wasting hours and hours of campaigning.

1 hour ago, eltharion said:

First, thank you for continuing to develop and improve the game.
But I would like to ask you why every time a new patch is released I have to start the game all over again.

Imagine the scene:

You play up to a certain point, after many (even difficult) missions, then...
zac! you have to start all over again.
Without even being able to try to load the last save, because the game warns "is from an older version".

It wasn't my intention to be too critical, but it frustrated me wasting hours and hours of campaigning.

Hmmm. The reason for this is so that players don't try and load their old saves in the new game and carry on playing, as the game files have changed and it usually causes crashes. The problem is that people then report these crashes as normal bugs and the dev team end up wasting lots of time trying to fix things that aren't actually bugs, they're just caused by out-of-date save games.

I think the answer is for us to create a new Steam branch that contains the previous Experimental build on it. That way you can just change back to the previous Experimental version and keep playing the game if you want.

I've done that now - there's a new Steam branch called "experimental_legacy" which you can switch to and continue your playthrough of V23.1.

• Like 1

Thanks for the explanation. To be honest I had thought as a possible explanation, something similar to what you wrote.
I was hoping that the programmers could implement some sort of "porting" of the saved games between
one version and another (maybe only from the previous version).
I imagine that knowing the nature of the changes, it would be possible to adjust the content of the significant
information at the end of the loading (or ,maybe with a special tool).

A similar problem could always reoccur at the release of what will be the natural patches after the release
of the "retail" version.

In any case, the possibility of using the previous "legacy" version will allow us to continue with the
campaigns already started.
Thanks.