Weapon Manufacture Issues.

Chris,

Thank you first for getting out V 23 out to us.

I've picked up on a few issues so far:

(Screenshots attached)

1, Plasma Pistol issue is still there. Even with sufficient alien alloys, manufacture not possible.

2, Gauss Sniper Rifle needs weapon components but these look to be now absent from the game.

3, Game CTD's when you try to construct more than 12 X-55 Phantom Interceptors. Made 4 per base, on 4th base, game CTD's during construction.

Regards,

Compo.

2043437666_PlasmaPistol-Insufficientitemsforconstruction.thumb.jpg.4d0045d7dccb7fd399929ddbca89abb4.jpg

Gauss Sniper Rifle - Weapon Components.png

Edited by CompoTheSmoggie

13 hours ago, CompoTheSmoggie said:

Chris,

Thank you first for getting out V 23 out to us.

I've picked up on a few issues so far:

(Screenshots attached)

1, Plasma Pistol issue is still there. Even with sufficient alien alloys, manufacture not possible.

2, Gauss Sniper Rifle needs weapon components but these look to be now absent from the game.

3, Game CTD's when you try to construct more than 12 X-55 Phantom Interceptors. Made 4 per base, on 4th base, game CTD's during construction.

Regards,

Compo.

2043437666_PlasmaPistol-Insufficientitemsforconstruction.thumb.jpg.4d0045d7dccb7fd399929ddbca89abb4.jpg

Gauss Sniper Rifle - Weapon Components.png

Thanks. Yeah, those first two issues will be easy to fix and I'll get that done for the hotfix. Could you provide the save game for the Phantom if you have it handy?

Chris,

Apologies, I restarted a new campaign so I don't have the game with the Phantom CTD. Didn't this get reported before though in the forums, in a different version? I had it happen in 22.6 too. I'm being a bit more conservative with my aircraft on this campaign.

I haven't been able to fathom out the Plasma Pistol issue but I managed to sort out the Gauss Sniper problem:

in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Xenonauts2\assets\assets\xenonauts\template\strategy\projects\engineering' with the 'weapon_gauss_sniper.json', I scrolled through the gobbledegook and found where it stated 'resource_weapon_components.json'. I just changed it to 'alloys.json'.

Regards,

Compo.

Chris,

Another issue...

The Advanced Laser Lance can't be obtained via research or manufacture and it's a prerequisite for the fusion lance, so the fusion lance can't be produced.

Is there anyway the advanced laser lance prerequisite can be removed from the aircraft_lance_tier3.json?

I've attached my save game so far.

I've also found in another campaign and this one, stunning and capturing the ethereal commander (alive eternal?) isn't recoverable as an item.

Regards,

Compo.

user_day_355_manual_save-10.json

Edited by CompoTheSmoggie

On 4/15/2022 at 8:57 PM, CompoTheSmoggie said:

Chris,

Another issue...

The Advanced Laser Lance can't be obtained via research or manufacture and it's a prerequisite for the fusion lance, so the fusion lance can't be produced.

Is there anyway the advanced laser lance prerequisite can be removed from the aircraft_lance_tier3.json?

I've attached my save game so far.

I've also found in another campaign and this one, stunning and capturing the ethereal commander (alive eternal?) isn't recoverable as an item.

Regards,

Compo.

user_day_355_manual_save-10.json

Thanks. The new patch should be coming out today, we had some weird issues that were hard to track down. The Plasma Pistol / Gauss Sniper issues were easy to fix at my end and will be included in the update.

I'll get the Fusion Lance project fixed up too, that's another simple mistake.

For the Eternal stunned item, this looks set up correctly to me. I think the problem is that the Eternal Interrogation is a plot research and you've not advanced far enough into the plot for it to appear. I'll have a think about how best to address that.