Hi @chris one suggestion

it would be a great addition add bomb attack from your JET.

If you send a dropship with a Jet you can one time per combat lauch a missile attack on a chosen target.

I hope you consider this 

thanks

Edited by mitrida

The suggestion is good, if you don´t have an other Option. That comes in for UFO 2 ET from the Devs in the Mod for it. This Mod-Version isn´t there atm, the prevouis Idea in it [last Mod-Version] is with a Cruise-Missle to get money instead Recovery. In the UFO-ET-Row you don´t have the Options like you have in Xenonauts 2.

That makes the attractivnes to play Xenonauts 2 and the UFO ET-Row as direct Comparision. They have different Solutions for similar Things.

In Xenonauts 2 it makes atm. no sense, there you have the Option already to make an Ground attack [Recovery from Aliens, Parts etc.] or let the Army of the Country do it [Money] (if Aliens get survived the Crash). If only an unmand or similar UFO crashes an normal recovery get started.

If you have the Option to Test V23, then you will see what I mean. You will have to find a Ballance between Money, Experiance and Recovery from Ground Missions. But how knows, evtl. such an Option comes in too, if the Alien- and Alien-Support-Invasion get harder.

Edited by Alienkiller

Thanks for the suggestion. We've always been against having indirect fire weapons in the game like mortars or airstrikes etc, simply because we think the interesting part of the game is putting your troops at risk fighting the aliens on the battlefield. If you can just blow them up with an airstrike (even if it's just one attack) without risking your soldiers then it'll make the game less fun and challenging overall, even if it'd certainly be cool the first few times you did it!

8 hours ago, Chris said:

Thanks for the suggestion. We've always been against having indirect fire weapons in the game like mortars or airstrikes etc, simply because we think the interesting part of the game is putting your troops at risk fighting the aliens on the battlefield. If you can just blow them up with an airstrike (even if it's just one attack) without risking your soldiers then it'll make the game less fun and challenging overall, even if it'd certainly be cool the first few times you did it!

Yes that is true, but add more realism. Eventually you can add this feature( i think implementing it is simple) and add an option to disable it from options. Often i lost all my soldier in a mission, with this option i have an opportunity(one time) to save a part of them. You can also add a cost for the bomb attack.

Thanks!

Edited by mitrida

mitrida, the heavy Combat at the beginning with inferior Troops [Armor, Weapons etc.] is more then Realistic. You have to use Cover as much as you can and Crunch / Lay Down your Troopers.

The best way to save your Troops is to have 1 to 2 Snipers, 1 to 2 Heavy-Troopers (LMG / Grenadiers) and an Combat Vehicle on Board. As well as make an Upgrade with your Suits and Starting Armor / Starting Weapons incl. Ammonition.

4 hours ago, Alienkiller said:

mitrida, the heavy Combat at the beginning with inferior Troops [Armor, Weapons etc.] is more then Realistic. You have to use Cover as much as you can and Crunch / Lay Down your Troopers.

The best way to save your Troops is to have 1 to 2 Snipers, 1 to 2 Heavy-Troopers (LMG / Grenadiers) and an Combat Vehicle on Board. As well as make an Upgrade with your Suits and Starting Armor / Starting Weapons incl. Ammonition.

mhhh no is not realistic, if i have jet i can also bombard this is realism. For me is very satsfying bombard alien from above, or blow up with a napalm strike

The Problem with your Idea is, that you don´t get loot which you need. In old X-Com, where the Xenonauts-Series and the UFO ET-Series predict, such an Option isn´t in. There you have to make the Ground-Fights, if you want or not.

If you don´t wanna have loot and instead Money, you can let do the Country-Army-Forces the Job, where the UFO get crashed. That´s the Option you have here. If you wanna have the other Option, play UFO 2 ET with the upcomming big-Mod-Rework and the upcomming UFO 1 ET Platinum-Edition.

Then you will see the Difference of both Concepts, which bring both the same Result (you get Money). In Xenonauts 2 the Country get the Loot then (and evtl. we can buy or trade it later for something else). In the other Concept from UFO ET (and I could test it already) everything is lost completely.

If such an Idea get implemented, then an middleway. The Airstrike can be integrated as an exception, if the Enemys get extremely dangerous for Humans / Animals and the Groundforces can´t handle them without it. That will raise the Panic then (dosen´t matter the Mission get won), because many Civilians get hurt or die too, before the Groundmission get started. Means you have to handle it with extremly care and not to often.

Edited by Alienkiller