[v22.6 - Geoscape/Ground Combat] CTD loading first mission

BirdmanRS

Started brand new game.  Sending squad to first mission.  Loading screen at mission site gets to 79% and crashes every time.  Have had this issue with some earlier versions as well.  Save files below (1 manual save, 1 auto)

Intel i9-9900 / 64gb ram / Nvidia RTX 3080 / 3840x2160 resolution

user_day_7_manual_save-1.json

auto_strategy_before_combat-1.json

I've noticed several load issues too (same version).  I sometimes get a "dead hang" at 17 % load such that I have to kill the process, but that's rare.  In others I get to 86% or 87% and the game hangs up and goes "not responding" per task manager, but then (usually) recovers.  I do not recall ever getting a full CTD on a load.

It's also sloooowww.  My machine isn't as new as the OP but I've still got a AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core @ 3.60 GHz with 16GB ram.  Video card is only a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB but this doesn't seem a game that should need top of the line here either.  I'm sure there is a lot to load and it takes time to process, but it still seems VERY slow to load.  Perhaps that's just something you plan to polish later?

It belongs what Version you play. The more stable (Standard-Version but older) or the newest (unstable but with the newest Features, Overworks etc.).

And atm the stable Version is the highest V.18 or V.19, which is normal playable. The other Difference is, that the Unstable Versions are slower to make an background Data File to find out easyer Bugs, not working Features etc. That´s what you mean.

What the CTD belongs, it´s nothing unusal in Unstable Versions. We all had that too ealyer or later in older Test-Versions after an Version-Upgrade (like for example V.1x.1 to 4). In the next big Version the Game run without Problems again.

Therfore we are Betatesters and not guina Pigs with an overextensive Full Version.

• 3 weeks later...