Why do we keep alien grenades and plasma clips?

This one is confusing me... is there any point to keeping the alien grenades and plasma clips? The bodies are automatically destroyed, the new tech goes to the labs and the rest is sold, but these two get put into the stores.... and sit there until I sell them.

Is there something I'm missing with these? they can't be assigned to a trooper, they don't appear to be a component in building anything.

So why?

The answer is: no one but Chris knows.

Its possible we get to use the alien grenades once they are researchable. The plasma clips have probably just been overlooked. (or human plasma weapons will later be designed to accommodate the alien clips?)

huh? The description on the research for the alien plasma weapons says you can use them when you pick them up, but not well.

You should be able to see them in the stores screen (where you sell/transfer stuff) back at base.

But they don't (and I think shouldn't by design) appear in the options when equipping your soldiers.

Were you referring to the soldier equipping?

huh? The description on the research for the alien plasma weapons says you can use them when you pick them up, but not well.

You should be able to see them in the stores screen (where you sell/transfer stuff) back at base.

But they don't (and I think shouldn't by design) appear in the options when equipping your soldiers.

Were you referring to the soldier equipping?

You could pick them up during ground combat and use them only for that battle, you lose the weapon once the craft is secured and it is auto sold.

Also the only thing that appears in stores are Plasma Clips, but not the weapons themselves

Random question animal mother. are you the same animal mother from system wars?

No, I've never used them. I decided to use Animal Mother because I am a fan of Adam Baldwin, and from the looks of things, not the only one (I usually have to put numbers in with the username because the original had been used up)

Also just a thought, does Energy Cells use Alenium or Alloys to manufacture? Perhaps with minimal staff you could convert Plasma Clips into energy cells for less material.

I haven't actually tried picking them up in combat to use them.

I usually have enough ammo so they aren't needed.

I don't mind if they are auto sold but I imagine there will be a mod shortly after release that allows you to keep and equip them as other weapons.