Problem with steam and GOG experimental game version

Ok, maybe I am crazy but here is what I have experienced with the game, I am a contributor and have access to all versions that have been published. ON STEAM. version 1.02 is what is installed even with experimental selected, what other way is there to check version of steam DEMO.

Second GOG, the game starts I get to select new game, but when it starts the loading either stops at 9 percent or crash's to desktop around 75 percent or so, the legacy version of the game comes up with a console full of red error messages and stops.  

I have uninstalled both and reinstalled with the same results, I have a screen shot of the console on GOG as well as a log file that was in a separate Documents directory that the game created, I use MY Documents for the default directory

Anyone have any clue on this, to be honest, this has NEVER happened before with the game before.  I have also included a DXdiag

output.log

GOG_Legacy_Game_Install.jpg

DxDiag.txt

On 1/19/2022 at 6:05 PM, NeoDiablo said:

Ok, maybe I am crazy but here is what I have experienced with the game, I am a contributor and have access to all versions that have been published. ON STEAM. version 1.02 is what is installed even with experimental selected, what other way is there to check version of steam DEMO.

Second GOG, the game starts I get to select new game, but when it starts the loading either stops at 9 percent or crash's to desktop around 75 percent or so, the legacy version of the game comes up with a console full of red error messages and stops.  

I have uninstalled both and reinstalled with the same results, I have a screen shot of the console on GOG as well as a log file that was in a separate Documents directory that the game created, I use MY Documents for the default directory

Anyone have any clue on this, to be honest, this has NEVER happened before with the game before.  I have also included a DXdiag

output.log

DxDiag.txt

Thanks for the report. So this seems to be a bug that only affects certain people - I can download the latest version on GOG and it works fine for me. It looks like the problem you are having is that some of the game files are corrupted, but I'm not sure how that could have happened.

Would you mind sending me an email at chris@xenonauts.com please? It'd be great if we could check whether your game directory is too small (i.e. if some of the files haven't downloaded properly) and if so whether you could send over the files for us to look at.

Also, regarding Steam - do you have the game on both GOG and Steam, then? If you've only got the game on GOG then you'll only be able to access the Steam Demo of the game, which is just a standalone mission we released a year ago or so.