[V22.6] Geoscape - Alenium torpedo finished and the game CTD

Kalle

Alienkiller,

I'm just using the Closed Beta V22.6 with no legacy or experimental builds.

I've reached the point where I have done research on all of the upgraded missiles i.e. Alenium, Plasma and Fusion, in a different campaign, but on completion of any of them three projects in the workshop, the game crashes to desktop.

The Skylance torpedo research and manufacture in the workshop caused no problems.

I would have surmised utilising the cheat mode might have caused an error, but having re-ran the campaign again without the cheat mode, the problem persists.

But this issue is one of a few I've picked up on and may I say has been experienced by a few people.

Regards,

CompoTheSmoggie.

1275487758_ClosedBetaV22.6.thumb.jpg.9b41671c5d7773b864996056e53f883d.jpg440893717_Betas-None.thumb.jpg.b6fff27b99926c9641088200c2acdd4c.jpg

Alienkiller,

Tried on the experimental branch, same issue, CTD upon research completion. I was running the main branch (no experimental or legacy version specified in Steam, just "none") when I encountered the problem in my save posted above. Unable to load that save, which I expected, in the legacy branch (v18.2 on Steam I think) so unable to test there.

On 12/30/2021 at 3:13 AM, DarthXavius said:

Alienkiller,

Tried on the experimental branch, same issue, CTD upon research completion. I was running the main branch (no experimental or legacy version specified in Steam, just "none") when I encountered the problem in my save posted above. Unable to load that save, which I expected, in the legacy branch (v18.2 on Steam I think) so unable to test there.

Tried on the experimental branch too with my latest playthrough.

I haven't found the warheads are not able to be produced on the legacy, experimental or no beta game methods overall.

There's still a few other issues I don't know if you've found as well?

1) Unable to produce plasma pistols. (basic, accelerated, laser and gauss pistols okay)

2) Cleaner HQ progress stuck at 75%. (Cleaner interrogation at 75% makes no difference too.)

3) Finite number of interceptors can be built. (I tried building double the number of Gemini trios (no beta and experimental) at my 'outpost' base builds after decomissioning the last lot of interceptors of course, and after building 6 sets it CTD'd on the 7th set.)

4) Missing research. (I had a few playthroughs where I got the Quantum Decoder and also the Colossus Battlesuit. In my 4th playthough (legacy), I couldn't get the Colossus Battlesuit. In this playthrough, my 5th (experimental), I'm missing the Quantum Decoder.

5) Some tactical map objects (walls, woodpiles - tropical biome map) aren't removed / are still displayed when blown up by explosives but you can move your soldiers / units through them or onto the ground where it was.

6) Can you please replace / reinstate the electroshock rifle please from the legacy build?

7) After day 350(ish) on the no beta and experimental builds, after the big attack by numerous battleships, they no longer appear, or for that fact, no further UFO's at all. Whilst referring to point 2), the only game experience is tackling the numerous cleaner site missions.

One of my go to troubleshooting ideas was to uninstall the game, reinstall it, choose the legacy beta, no beta and then experimental beta to see if files were cumulative, to use an expression. That issues found with v18.2 would be sorted with v22.6. I've found this isn't the case.

Regards,

Compo.

On 12/31/2021 at 12:38 PM, CompoTheSmoggie said:

Tried on the experimental branch too with my latest playthrough.

I haven't found the warheads are not able to be produced on the legacy, experimental or no beta game methods overall.

There's still a few other issues I don't know if you've found as well?

1) Unable to produce plasma pistols. (basic, accelerated, laser and gauss pistols okay)

2) Cleaner HQ progress stuck at 75%. (Cleaner interrogation at 75% makes no difference too.)

3) Finite number of interceptors can be built. (I tried building double the number of Gemini trios (no beta and experimental) at my 'outpost' base builds after decomissioning the last lot of interceptors of course, and after building 6 sets it CTD'd on the 7th set.)

4) Missing research. (I had a few playthroughs where I got the Quantum Decoder and also the Colossus Battlesuit. In my 4th playthough (legacy), I couldn't get the Colossus Battlesuit. In this playthrough, my 5th (experimental), I'm missing the Quantum Decoder.

5) Some tactical map objects (walls, woodpiles - tropical biome map) aren't removed / are still displayed when blown up by explosives but you can move your soldiers / units through them or onto the ground where it was.

6) Can you please replace / reinstate the electroshock rifle please from the legacy build?

7) After day 350(ish) on the no beta and experimental builds, after the big attack by numerous battleships, they no longer appear, or for that fact, no further UFO's at all. Whilst referring to point 2), the only game experience is tackling the numerous cleaner site missions.

One of my go to troubleshooting ideas was to uninstall the game, reinstall it, choose the legacy beta, no beta and then experimental beta to see if files were cumulative, to use an expression. That issues found with v18.2 would be sorted with v22.6. I've found this isn't the case.

Regards,

Compo.

Thanks to everyone that posted in this thread. There is a known issue with the missile upgrade projects that we'll get fixed for the next build.

Compo, which of those issues you reported above are for V22 Stable or V22.6 on the Experimental branch (they're the same build)? All of them, or are some of them related to V18?

For a lot of these issues, like the crash building interceptors, we really need a save to be able to figure out what's going on.

• 2 weeks later...

@Chris,

I'll get a save game file to you soon.

Most of them refer to the V22.6 version of the game, whereas the electroshock rifle was in v18.2.

I'll admit, I've found the game a little challenging at times with even what seemed like the recruit difficulty going OTT at about day 300 and a horde of battleships destroying the confidence levels of the continents and me being behind with micro-management of manuafacture and research in the game, not being able to deal with the battleships is a ball-ache.

So having learnt a few tricks with the original game Xenonauts, I changed the sale prices for a few items you could sell to get the money to buy scientists and engineers to 'cheat' the game in a way.

But I don't think an anyway, changing these values should impact the gameplay.

I've currently started a new campaign (I'm away with my job and I had the laptop)

As mentioned in point 2) Cleaner HQ progress stuck at 75%. (Cleaner interrogation at 75% makes no difference too.)

Here's a save game of so far.

Any chance of sorting point 6) Can you please replace / reinstate the electroshock rifle please from the legacy build? I've done the stun research but it only gives the stun gun / pistol, baton and the grenades.

Regards,

Compo.

user_day_86_manual_save-3.json

On 1/17/2022 at 9:05 PM, CompoTheSmoggie said:

I've currently started a new campaign (I'm away with my job and I had the laptop)

As mentioned in point 2) Cleaner HQ progress stuck at 75%. (Cleaner interrogation at 75% makes no difference too.)

Here's a save game of so far.

Any chance of sorting point 6) Can you please replace / reinstate the electroshock rifle please from the legacy build? I've done the stun research but it only gives the stun gun / pistol, baton and the grenades.

Regards,

Compo.

user_day_86_manual_save-3.json

Thanks. So the electroshock rifle and pistol should still be in the game, but they require the Advanced Stun Weapons research - which requires Lasers and Stun Weapons to be researched first. Is it not unlocking for you?

• 2 weeks later...

Chris,

The Electroshock Rifle appearing after the stun weapons research worked in the Legacy Beta of v18.2 but wasn't there in v22.6. After laser and the stun weapons research, there's no 'advanced stun weapons' research option.

Further to the above post, I ran a campaign on Veteran and 'cheesed' the game a bit my modifying the .json files to make it a bit easier for myself but I found if I ran the cleaner missions WITHOUT doing the cleaner autopsy and cleaner interrogation and it worked. I got it to 100% and did the mission based in Iceland.

The sentry gun research kinda screwed up my MARS and ARES platforms mind: there was no body to the object, only the weapons and I couldn't change the armour from steel plating.

I was a bit gutted that the plasma pistols are still unable to be produced as well.

But back to Kalle's original post, I just saw your Kickstarter Update News today and I saw nothing about the issues with the Alenium / Plasma / Fusion rockets being sorted?

Bear in mind, as I have said, I've 'cheesed' the game a bit but here's a save mission from about day 474 (174 days after the battleship invasion).

I played the game out till day 999 and the game reset.

user_day_474_manual_save-4.json