operatives outlook

KOKON

I think operatives should look more like ghostbusters/scintists/pilots but not like soldiers. It is a special high tech organisation not a stupid army.

Current operatives we can see on the screenshots can be used for auxilary forces. Smth like if aliens fought x-com and megapol in x-com 3 apocalypse. This soldiers act independently but on the side of player's operatives and die more or less quickly if they meet serious aliens.

I will give a little better explanation: you can meet this auxilary troops when aliens are attacking military base or during some terror missions etc. thy are not a part of your drop team

Edited by KOKON

Well this is not a sci-fi game

This is a sci-fi game as we simply have ufos and alien thecnlolgies ;)

Out of curiosity, why?

Different appearence would make a better flavour. This guys have a special purpose to fight unknown force and they use some costumes to do it in a more fashionable way.

It would also make the game more scary. Like if you was ufologist and met some armed guys in a semispacesuits near your home

Edited by KOKON

You do get several different types of armour later. The current screenshots are basic starting gear, so really are pretty much off-the-shelf stuff.

Yes i understand this and indeed that is reasanoble. But when you see an alien autopsy movie this guys are not using ordinary clinic suit but special sci-fi uniform.

Suit for demonstration oppression is not really good idea (i will buy premium beta though ;))

Edited by KOKON

The scientists you do see (only in artwork, they're just numbers otherwise) are in clean-suits, which is similar to what you mention.

A bigger part is that going too crazy with the setting divorces the game from plausibility. It becomes increasingly...silly. As it is, it does have a realistic-ish base that helps you get involved. And then it goes crazy with the sci-fi stuff. Jumpjets, alien weapons, I assume some kind of hovering tank, etc.

But all at the same time, there's a touch of human-aesthetics with those items. Bulky, industrial. Flat metal plates and milled steel.

That's part of the problem I had with UFO:ET (besides the bugs and UI wierdness). Everything was...off, too sci-fi and not human enough. Wasn't anything to connect to.