[V22.4 - Air Combat] engaging ufo causes game crash

Orcman

Description:

Resolving air combat with enemy ufo causes the game to crash unexpectedly.

What Happened:

If I pick "auto-resolve" the game crashes after a short pause.  If I choose a manual fight, the game enters the air combat screen.  I can set courses for my aircraft ok.  It then crashes after the third or so attack from the alien vessel, or maybe the first attack from my fighters (it's hard to tell)

Crash is repeatable (see attached save game) and prevents any further progress in the game.

Further Information:

This combat is directly after the successful shoot-down shown in my last bug (this is a second contact).  Might it be related? Maybe save game corruption? (hope not)

Cheers, Orcman

auto_strategy_before_intercept-29.json

On 11/17/2021 at 10:16 PM, Orcman said:

Description:

Resolving air combat with enemy ufo causes the game to crash unexpectedly.

What Happened:

If I pick "auto-resolve" the game crashes after a short pause.  If I choose a manual fight, the game enters the air combat screen.  I can set courses for my aircraft ok.  It then crashes after the third or so attack from the alien vessel, or maybe the first attack from my fighters (it's hard to tell)

Crash is repeatable (see attached save game) and prevents any further progress in the game.

Further Information:

This combat is directly after the successful shoot-down shown in my last bug (this is a second contact).  Might it be related? Maybe save game corruption? (hope not)

Cheers, Orcman

auto_strategy_before_intercept-29.json

The problem here is that the fuel component on one of the Sidewinder missiles on Angel-1 no longer exists - not that it has no fuel, it doesn't even know what fuel is. But it exists fine on the Sidewinders on the other two Angels. (also, the game will continue to work fine if you get the squadron to return to base and change Angel-1 to a new set of Sidewinders.)

We can't work out how this has happened though. Did you do anything unusual with Angel-1 or the squadron as a whole? You said this was the second interception with that squadron since they left base, right? What happened in the first interception? Did you autoresolve or fight manually, or use the missiles in an unusual way?

The Problem I have announced too with an UFO-Swarm [Observer or Harvester with 2 modernised Alien-Fighters] yesterday. Dosen´t matter what Aircrafts my Team used [X-25 "Angels" or X-55 "Phantoms"].

With one Difference: The Sidwinders were upgraded to Alenium-Missles already on Version 22.5 and between Day 270 to 290.

I have too look for the Save today Evening, then I will try to attach it. Can´t do it atm. because I´m not at Home.

Edited by Alienkiller

OK Chris. Will attach the Save today evening, have it forgotten yesterday.

That´s the Save which I had the Issues with the Missles. It was the Oberserver with the 2 modernised Alien-Fighters. Had switch off the Missles and switched on while in Battle for a good shooting Position against the Fighters. Directly there the Game make an CTD.

I have not Sidewinders and the normal Torpedo anymore, they are already upgraded to Alenium Missles and Alenium Torpedos, but it´s the same Problem in Air-Combat.

Hope the Save helps to find and eleminate the Bug.

user_drittes_ufo_genauer_erforscht-37.json

20211124192913_1.jpg

Edited by Alienkiller

On 11/24/2021 at 9:28 AM, Alienkiller said:

OK Chris. Will attach the Save today evening, have it forgotten yesterday.

That´s the Save which I had the Issues with the Missles. It was the Oberserver with the 2 modernised Alien-Fighters. Had switch off the Missles and switched on while in Battle for a good shooting Position against the Fighters. Directly there the Game make an CTD.

I have not Sidewinders and the normal Torpedo anymore, they are already upgraded to Alenium Missles and Alenium Torpedos, but it´s the same Problem in Air-Combat.

Hope the Save helps to find and eleminate the Bug.

user_drittes_ufo_genauer_erforscht-37.json

20211124192913_1.jpg

Thanks, yeah it's the same bug. Let us know if you see it happen in V22.6 or later, because we added some extra code to help us find the bug in V22.6!