Individual game settings

Why should they do that?

3 Things are already fact:

1. You are overhelmed with "Cleaners" and already implemented Aliens from beginning on in all Aspects (Weapons, Airforce, etc.).

2. You are outgunned from the already known Enemys from beginning on (Airforce, Groundforces, Defenses incl. Armor).

3. The Point 1 get more the bigger the UFOs are (f. e. Destroyer, Cruiser, Harvester).

Short said: You have enough to do to get your Combat-Soldiers / Combat-Vehicles alive from beginning on. The best way to see it yourself is to use the Offer from the Dev-Team on Steam and assist the Founders / Betatesters. Then you will see what I mean.

While not something you can easily set in settings, it is something that should be straightforward to mod in!

Because what would "more aliens" mean? In certain missions +4 might be ok, but in others that might overwhelm. It would require a rebalancing of the game that goes way beyond a simple setting you can adjust

2 hours ago, Gijs-Jan said:

While not something you can easily set in settings, it is something that should be straightforward to mod in!

Because what would "more aliens" mean? In certain missions +4 might be ok, but in others that might overwhelm. It would require a rebalancing of the game that goes way beyond a simple setting you can adjust

1. I like the offensive operation on the entire front (across the entire width of the map).

16 soldiers are not enough for the player to divide them into four squads: LEFT; CENTRAL; RIGHT; MOBILE RESERVE; + POWERFUL FIRE SUPPORT.

This will allow the use of tactics of interaction of small groups in battle.

2. If there are 12 soldiers in the game, then the player is forced to move in one dense group; (or split into two squads). The three independent groups lack the firepower to deal with the large number of aliens.

If there are 16 soldiers in the game, then I can divide the soldiers into three independent units + strong fire support to work across the entire width of the map. (Left squad. Right squad. Central squad. Heavy fire support). But I will need a mobile reserve unit if there are a large number of aliens on the map.

Approximate composition of tactical groups with 20 soldiers:

Tactical group "Left": - 2 shields; 1 assault; 1 machine gun.

Tactical group "Right": - 2 shields; 1 assault; 1 machine gun.

Tactical group "Center": - 2 shields; 1 assault; 1 machine gun.

Strong fire support: 2 snipers; 2 grenade launchers.

Mobile reserve: 1 assault; 1 machine gun, 1 sniper, 1 medic.

3. In the game "Xenonauts 1" I immediately made a crew of 16 people for all types of transport.

I increased the number of aliens by 1.5-2 times.

Increased the viewing range by +10.

Increased the range of weapons by +10.

tactical group "Left": 1 shield, 2 machine guns, 1 sniper.

tactical group "Right": 1 shield, 2 machine guns, 1 sniper.

tactical group "Center": 1 shield, 2 machine guns, 1 sniper.

Heavy fire support: 2 grenade launchers.

Mobile reserve: 2 shields - always strengthened the direction of the main attack.

If I want to fill a UFO with 20-40 aliens, then 16 soldiers are not enough. Fights with more aliens are more intense and dynamic.

The search for 6-12 aliens (half of which are in UFOs) by a team of 12 soldiers is boring and monotonous for me, in which there is little chance of a non-standard situation.

Edited by Komandos

It will be enough for me if the developers create an opportunity (for mods) to increase the size of the xenonaut crew to 20 (24) people.

In "Xenonauts 1" the game allowed to increase the size of the crew of xenonauts to only 16 people. The aliens had no noticeable restrictions.

47 minutes ago, Komandos said:

It will be enough for me if the developers create an opportunity (for mods) to increase the size of the xenonaut crew to 20 (24) people.

In "Xenonauts 1" the game allowed to increase the size of the crew of xenonauts to only 16 people. The aliens had no noticeable restrictions.

1 hour ago, Komandos said:

1. I like the offensive operation on the entire front (across the entire width of the map).

16 soldiers are not enough for the player to divide them into four squads: LEFT; CENTRAL; RIGHT; MOBILE RESERVE; + POWERFUL FIRE SUPPORT.

This will allow the use of tactics of interaction of small groups in battle.

2. If there are 12 soldiers in the game, then the player is forced to move in one dense group; (or split into two squads). The three independent groups lack the firepower to deal with the large number of aliens.

If there are 16 soldiers in the game, then I can divide the soldiers into three independent units + strong fire support to work across the entire width of the map. (Left squad. Right squad. Central squad. Heavy fire support). But I will need a mobile reserve unit if there are a large number of aliens on the map.

Approximate composition of tactical groups with 20 soldiers:

Tactical group "Left": - 2 shields; 1 assault; 1 machine gun.

Tactical group "Right": - 2 shields; 1 assault; 1 machine gun.

Tactical group "Center": - 2 shields; 1 assault; 1 machine gun.

Strong fire support: 2 snipers; 2 grenade launchers.

Mobile reserve: 1 assault; 1 machine gun, 1 sniper, 1 medic.

3. In the game "Xenonauts 1" I immediately made a crew of 16 people for all types of transport.

I increased the number of aliens by 1.5-2 times.

Increased the viewing range by +10.

Increased the range of weapons by +10.

tactical group "Left": 1 shield, 2 machine guns, 1 sniper.

tactical group "Right": 1 shield, 2 machine guns, 1 sniper.

tactical group "Center": 1 shield, 2 machine guns, 1 sniper.

Heavy fire support: 2 grenade launchers.

Mobile reserve: 2 shields - always strengthened the direction of the main attack.

If I want to fill a UFO with 20-40 aliens, then 16 soldiers are not enough. Fights with more aliens are more intense and dynamic.

The search for 6-12 aliens (half of which are in UFOs) by a team of 12 soldiers is boring and monotonous for me, in which there is little chance of a non-standard situation.

Just give everyone Sniper riffles = problem solved

4 hours ago, Gijs-Jan said:

It would be good if you guys add in the future add extra difficulty settings = it makes players (hardcore) stick longer in the game -  like Zealot or Hardcore. For example = no Training Facilities, No monthly money income(money only from completing missions), or Only Balistic Weapons, Ofcourse increase number of aliens. And ofcourse dont increase number of soldiers - takes too long to finish turns.

Edited by CaptainSPrice

Therefore you have 2 Options from the Devs directly, which you can use since this Year for Xenonauts 2.

First the Beginner to General-Setting, which is usable since Beta 19 or 20 (4 Difficultys).

Secondly the Ironman-Mode, which you can activate (but it isn´t advised) in the Beta-Versions, better later in the more stable Versions [Pre Early-Access or such].

An third Option you get later on [stable Early Access or similar], which is the Modding-Option. What you need for that and what you can Mod (for sure not everything) we will know then.

Btw. The best useable Things from Xenonaut 1 are implemented already to short the Development-Time for Xenonauts 2. The Devs don´t wanna have a 1:1 Copy from Xenonauts 1 with only new Graphics, the Devs make a complete new Game with much cooler Features and Surprisses.

All get tired about the 08/15 Xenonauts 1 here, which get in the CE-Editon from the Community enough support. It don´t have the Abilitys and Refit-Oportunitys Xenonauts 2 have. It was nice for it´s time, but it´s outdated for many Reasons.

Instead the Devs concentrate to Xenonauts 2 which is in WIP. It´s a Rival to the new XCOM-Series (about 10 Years out), UFO-ET-Series (about 13 Years out "UFO 1 ET" and 5 Month out "UFO 2 ET" with an DLC for UFO 2 ET in the Making as well as an complete Refit for UFO 1 ET in the Making) and with WIP-DLCs-Expansions Phoenix Point as an very good Comparission. It have the best Features from Xenonauts 1 (like the Soldierthings) with new Oportunitys, Features etc. to be on the same or better level like it´s direct Rivals.

That Means: Either we going the Outdated way or we go the Future-Way. And the Devs are going the Future way not to get left behind. Commandos and all others have to test the upcomming new V.23-Version, after she is there. Then they know what is meant. The Offer in Steam to join the Beta-Test is still there.

Edited by Alienkiller
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CaptainSPrice said:

Just give everyone Sniper riffles = problem solved

The goal is not to shoot accurately. The goal is to diversify combat tactics. Interaction tactics at the level of individual groups, not just soldiers.

Edited by Komandos

3 hours ago, CaptainSPrice said:

And ofcourse dont increase number of soldiers - takes too long to finish turns.

For players who want to make a mod with a lot of aliens and a lot of soldiers - reserve a maximum crew size of 20 (24) soldiers.

(In the original UFO: 1-2, the maximum number is 26 soldiers. In X-COM 3, the maximum number is 36 soldiers.)

3 hours ago, Alienkiller said:

Commandos and all others have to test the upcomming new V.23-Version, after she is there. Then they know what is meant. The Offer in Steam to join the Beta-Test is still there.

Until the New Year - hardly. I'm not at home. For now, I can only join.

Edited by Komandos