[V22.5] Game hangs when loading initial strategy screen

Emily_F

Starting today, the game is hanging for me at 57% loaded ... this is before I ever get any choice in whether to continue or load a different save.

I've tried playing both the Experimental version of X2 and the standard version and it hangs up at exactly the same % and place on both.

I tried rebooting the computer and verifying the game cache integrity on the Experimental ... it said one thing needed to be reacquired, then still failed to go past 57%.

I'll try doing the same integrity cache check on the original version and see if maybe that will help ...

Ok, so scratch part of that, I managed to get the Development Build version to download and work again ... will now try going back to Experimental and see if that filled in the missing piece of the puzzle.

Edited by Wyldefyre_CP

3 hours ago, Wyldefyre_CP said:

Starting today, the game is hanging for me at 57% loaded ... this is before I ever get any choice in whether to continue or load a different save.

I've tried playing both the Experimental version of X2 and the standard version and it hangs up at exactly the same % and place on both.

I tried rebooting the computer and verifying the game cache integrity on the Experimental ... it said one thing needed to be reacquired, then still failed to go past 57%.

I'll try doing the same integrity cache check on the original version and see if maybe that will help ...

Ok, so scratch part of that, I managed to get the Development Build version to download and work again ... will now try going back to Experimental and see if that filled in the missing piece of the puzzle.

See if deleting the settings folders as recommended in the above posts helps too. Maybe that’s the common thread here.

(You might want to back up your saves first.)